“Great Food / Shorted Handed”
Review of Sweet Tomatoes

Sweet Tomatoes
Ranked #36 of 158 Dessert in Houston
Cuisines: American, Italian
Good for: Families with children, Large groups
Good for: Families with children, Large groups
New Braunfels, Texas
“Great Food / Shorted Handed”
Reviewed August 29, 2013

We visit this location often. We like it better than Souper Salad. But I must say that plates, bowls, etc. pile up on your table. This is not just once, but every time we have eaten there. You would think that paying more, you would get better service than Souper Salad but you do not really. Increase the staff busing tables. Your guest would love that! However, the Ceasar Salad is one of the best I have ever eaten.

Metairie
“Wish we had one in our town!”
Reviewed August 26, 2013

I love eating here whenever I get over to Houston. Such a great healthy option. I wish there were one in my hometown of New Orleans, where we have such an obesity problem, myself included.
I go here and get nothing but fresh vegetables and walk away satisfied. My husband accompanied me on this trip, and he was thrilled, as he is diabetic. Unlike other buffets, you're not tempted to fill up on fattening desserts, which he has to avoid, but can have a filling salad. The treat for the night was the apple cobbler, which had like a granola bar crust. Husband had the cheesy corn chowder, which he really enjoyed. The staff was great and kept up with cleaning tables. Very pleasant college students working hard and making sure the place was kept clean. Great healthy option for young and old!

“Best Fresh Bar in Town”
Reviewed August 22, 2013

Edcmoverman2013

Houston, Texas

“Best Fresh Salad every Day”

5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2013 NEW

I eat at Sweet Tomatoes on Katy Freeway three to four times a week. Why, Because the food if always fresh and they have a large selections.. With a 45-foot salad bar having the most colorful display of fruits and vegetables, grab just one plate to make a monstrous. Then grab a second plate just to enjoy the prepared tossed salads. After completing the salad line, pay for your meal and proceed to the house-made soups (8 every day), hot pastas (3), fresh bakery and warm desserts. Another plate is required for the baked sweet potato, then Blue Berry Muffin, then go ahead and have a slice of the garlic asiago focaccia. For dessert they offer a delicious chocolate brownie muffin that I recommend you putting in a soup bowl and filling with soft-serve vanilla yogurt.
...and remember, this is a buffet. New clean plate and repeat

Houston, Texas
“Best Fresh Salad every Day”
Reviewed August 21, 2013

...and remember, this is a buffet. New clean plate and repeat.

Manassas, Virginia
“Good and Fast”
Reviewed July 29, 2013

Co-worker and I had lunch at this location while visiting Houston for business. The salad bar, soup, pasta, and dessert bar was good and offered a great variety. This was my first time eating here however my co-worker had. The food was fresh and hot when appropriate. The decor is simple and casual. A great place for a quick lunch.

• Visited June 2013