“Average Mexican Restaurant”

Dining options: Reservations
Lafayette, Louisiana
“Average Mexican Restaurant”
Reviewed November 29, 2011

Ate here for the second time and the food was good but quite average. The refried beans are better than most places. The atmosphere was pleasant and busy. I've had better, but I would return when in the area. They do not take reservations - but do have call-ahead seating.

• Visited November 2011

USA
“Most about the restaurant was great”
Reviewed November 1, 2011

Had dinner there Friday night. Food and wait staff were wonderful. Prices a little lower than other restaurants in that area. Only complaint I had was they were busy and we were told it would be a 30 minute wait for a table. An hour and a half later we were still waiting. (we were only a party of 4). Asked again twice, and person who asked was irritated, so we were seated because of someone who walked away. Probably in front of others who had waited longer than us. All we would have preferred was a more reasonable estimation of the time we would wait.

• Visited November 2011
Alvin, Texas
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“I was charged an additional TO Go Charge of 10%, ripoff!!!!!!”
Reviewed October 26, 2011

I ordered to go tonight and when I asked mgr, he refused to remove additional charge
called To Go Charge and just said that they have always done it and it was to pay for the
plastic containers and for the person who put the food in the bag. REALLY. I told mgr
that when I called in the order I was not informed of this, he just did not care. Don't go there just go to Dennis Seafood or Gringo's....Milton

• Visited October 2011
1 Thank Milton A
Houston, Texas
“Excellent menu and staff”
Reviewed October 5, 2011

Split chicken mole and fried green tamales....very repeatable!!!!

Houston, Texas
“Standard fare, but excellent service”
Reviewed October 5, 2011

I don't think you'll find any truly exceptional dishes here, but you will find well-cooked and well-presented standard Tex-Mex fare. Also, at least when I visited, the service was excellent. The server was attentive to special requests - even going out of her way to offer a larger portion of pickled jalapeños after I finished the first batch. On a pleasant evening, the patio is a nice - and reasonably quiet - place to sit.

• Visited October 2011