“Great Italian food”

Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Neartown/ Montrose
Reviewed June 16, 2012

Great waiters, a pianist plays and tree is in the center of a restauraent, enough said

Reviewed June 8, 2012

Have been to Michelangelo's many times over the past 15 years. Our in-laws were regulars up until two years ago, and they warned us that things had gone downhill. After our dinner tonight, I'm afraid I can confirm the bloom is off the rose. The interior ceiling fabric panels are dingy and dirty and need to be replaced; everything was dusty, including windowsills; and our service was severely lacking in every possible way. Our waiter was apathetic about everything and everyone in our party. The food was mediocre at BEST--I'm not even sure the pasta was homemade. We finished our dinner with the most lackluster chocolate mousse I have ever had. Was it chocolate? Hard to tell. The redi-wip they topped it with had more flavor. Sad that such a wonderful establishment has gone this way! I fear that if they don't get it together, we will see this classic close its doors, and some horrible chain will take its place. I will wait to see what happens...

Reviewed May 28, 2012

Amazing food; under-stated ambience. Great service. A special evening!

Reviewed March 28, 2012

My wife and I had our first date here. We've been coming here ever since. Years later, I proposed to her here. Food, wine, music, and romance, Michelangelo's has never disappointed.

Reviewed February 23, 2012

The Italian food is good and the service very friendly,but the several times we ate there is was very noisy. Usually very busy so make reservations. The piano bar is relaxing but the dance area is very small.