“Ok from Drinks to Appetizer and no entree here we go....”
Review of Canyon Cafe - CLOSED

Canyon Cafe
Cuisines: Southwestern, Mexican
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Neighborhood: Great Uptown
Reviewed December 19, 2012 via mobile

Being this was the first time we have visited this place we decided to test the waters with drinks and an appetizer. Thankfully we stopped there being the Queso Con Carne was well watery little meat the chip provided were well WAY OVER SEASONED but fresh. Then the drinks well we both ordered the "Top Shelf best Voted in Houston Margarita". I have had better luck with ghetto juice or bath tub Gin. Next morning I was with headache a good indication of cheap liquor but mind you only had ONE and it well was tart way to tart and it was very light in color almost water like. It carried a bunch but the after affects are regrettable. I will never order either again and chances are that a return visit are slim to none.

However the staff was warm and welcoming the atmosphere was nice and the place over all was clean and orderly.

I was expect way more for the
Money and the location I just don't know how they stay in business. Some remodification of the menu is needed and new bartenders please that know how to make a drink!

Reviewed October 22, 2012

Wes Corley, General Manager, came up to the tables and asked if everything was ok and told us if anything was not, he will fix it...but everything was great. Table side Guacamole was very good and the unique chips was the topic of conversation. We got the enchillada platter and was very pleased! Then we were told we had to try the Chocolate Banana Burrito for dessert and was glad we did. I found out we have a Canyon Cafe in St. Louis, MO, so we will be back. Neat Mexican, Native American, American Fusion!

1  Thank yoda23
Reviewed October 11, 2012

Dined on a weeknight. Had guacamole appetizer made at the table and it was excellent. Then had the chicken fajitas which were just right. The waiter brought complimentary white chocolate tamales which were rich tasting and very god.

Reviewed September 14, 2012

My colleagues and I had dinner here after an event at the Galleria. Everything we had was good and reasonably priced. The margarita I had was fresh squeezed and hand shaken (no sweet n sour) and very tasty. It was one of the limit 2 options... and one margarita filled my martini glass twice. One colleague had steak, while the rest of us had fajitas. We enjoyed it all. A great place and location for an after work bite.

Reviewed September 13, 2012

We dined midweek at 6pm and got a table outside. The server Jeff was very personable and attentive. The restaurant filled up pretty quickly which is a good sign as we hadn't read any reviews on it. The homemade nacho's and salsa were delicious as was our mexican beer. We had the meatloaf and the fish tacos, tasty. The bill came to $47 for 4 beers and 2 main courses which I thought was very reasonable. The atmosphere was friendly and informal and I would go back again just for the salsa dip!