“Texan outstanding”

Rio Ranch Steakhouse
Ranked #643 of 8,435 Restaurants in Houston
Good for: Special occasions, Business meetings, Families with children, Large groups, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Briarpark
Description: Welcome to Rio Ranch, Texas! We invite you to enjoy our one of a kind Cowboy Cuisine featuring Mesquite Grilled Steaks and Seafood. From our scrumptious Sunday Breakfast Brunch to our private dining rooms, Rio Ranch has something for everyone. Rio Ranch is perfect for business dinners, family celebrations, romantic dinners or just a casual get together. We feature a full service bar, patio dining, a romantic fireplace and cowboy hospitality and service.
Reviewed October 18, 2013

I stayed at Hilton and used this colorful Texan style restaurant many times -mostly breackfast and dinner. Food was great and service was outstanding. The staff was very friendly and the atmosphere was wonderful as well. Decorations are interesting, fireplace is huge. It is like being back in good days of early Texas country... Mesquite wood grill smells nice also:)

1  Thank yuris63

Reviewed October 14, 2013

I stayed at the Hilton hotel next door for 7 nights and ate breakfast, brunch and dinner in the restaurant and bar over the week.
Great selection of food for breakfast, all fresh and will good service.
Brunch on Sunday morning was incredible - I didn't need to eat again all day! Omelettes, waffles, pancakes, pastries, fresh fruit - take your pick and keep going back!
The dinner menu was great too - lots of choice and the weekend special 12oz steak was very good. I would most definitely recommend a visit.
The service was always pleasant and quick and the bar staff were very friendly - they couldn't do enough for me.

1  Thank JWWRIGHT
Reviewed October 5, 2013

I have eaten here many times and hosted numerous group meals for business meetings and have never been disappointed in the food quality and presentation or service. The steaks are delicious and salads are fresh and delicious. The bar has a nice western ambiance and good service. Prices are reasonable. The restaurant is in a great location especially if you are staying at the Hilton as it is directly attached to the hotel,

1  Thank JeanP777
Reviewed October 1, 2013

Great experience from the minute my husband and I walked in. The restaurant is fabulously decorated - a bison head mounted on the wall, brick fireplace to lend the place a cosy feel, wall lamps (complete with horns) above booths to give nice gentle lighting, plenty of tables and space - the whole place just looks the part.

Our waitress, Teresa, was very friendly and attentive. We were given a free basket of appetisers as we perused the menu (not sure what they were exactly - rice cakes and plain scones with a pot of clotted cream is the best way I can describe them - but they were damn nice whatever they were!)

I ordered burger and fries for my main, which I enjoyed greatly! And my husband ordered steak - which he said was superb. Unfortunately neither of us had room for dessert afterwards, but we stayed a while longer and just relaxed with a bottle of red.

If I was back in the area I'd definitely eat here again. Lovely atmosphere, great service and wonderful food - what more could you want?

1  Thank MortimerBigMouse
Reviewed September 26, 2013

We recently had dinner at Rio Ranch in Houston TX. Wow! First of all, the service was exceptional from the greeter to the waiter(s). The food was delicious too. We had the sirloin, fried chicken, and an off menu peppered steak with a special secret sauce. All were delicious, and each of us were happy with our meals. The secret steak was the best of all - really one of the best steaks I've had. We had bread pudding and cheesecake for dessert. Both excellent. Margarita w/ Grand Marnier was the best I've ever had. We liked the restaurant and service so much that we have planned a family event there next year.

1  Thank MMTexasGal