“A Hopping and Packed Place on Fridays...Tasty Food”
Review of Ragin' Cajun

Ragin' Cajun
Ranked #748 of 8,400 Restaurants in Houston
Cuisines: Cajun & Creole, Seafood
Good for: Large groups, Families with children, Bar scene, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Outdoor Seating
Reviewed March 2, 2012

Just came home from eating at Ragin Cajun on Richmond Ave (the original location). 3 other locations in the surrounding Houston area. Loved the onion rings; tender and tasty light batter. I had the Mixed Grill Plate with tilapia and grilled shrimp with sauteed vegetables and sweet potatoes. My husband had the Fried Combination Seafood Plate with crawfish tails and shrimp with dirty rice and onion rings. He also had a cup of seafood gumbo. The cup was the size of a small bowl. Portion size was large; had leftovers for lunch for tomorrow. Everything was piping hot and delicious.

However, the atmosphere was very noisy and space was elbow to elbow. Line was constantly 35+ people deep starting at 6:30pm.

Reviewed January 5, 2012

If you have a hankerin' for a bucket of crawfish and a nice plate of boudin then this is the place. Its not fancy but the food is good and the location is easy to get to just off the 59/610 interchange.

Reviewed October 8, 2011

We went last night and used a Groupon. The atmosphere is casual and fun. It would be a great place to watch a game. The managers were working the food window and were super friendly with everyone that came in. I had the half and half and it was good. My wife had the jambalaya and jalapeno cornbread. Let's just say that I got out ordered. The jambalaya was awesome and was a huge portion. I'm about to eat the leftovers for lunch today! I'd go back.

1  Thank ckesler
Reviewed May 30, 2011

The food at Ragin Cajun is fine, but not exceptional. But the prices now seem out of line for Houston generally, and this sort of food / casual restaurant. I'll still drop by for a bowl of gumbo, but everything's pretty pricy.

Reviewed February 14, 2011

We were visiting Houston and came across this restaurant of awesomeness!! It's very casual, and leave your proper dinner manners at home, cuz if you order anything like the crawfish or crablegs you are gonna get messy! We loved this place so much we went again the next night, and if we had stayed longer we probably would have gone the following night as well. Shoot, my husband and I even got a Ragin' Cajun t-shirt! Excellent food for an excellent price! And friendly staff!!

1  Thank joshandkellyl