“What a Party!”

Dining options: Lunch, Outdoor Seating
Houston
“What a Party!”
Reviewed April 29, 2012

There is no pretense. The food is great and the staff are very friendly. Order at the counter and then wiat for your number to be called. The inside dining area is filled with long tables so there's no telling who will be sitting next to you. Outside, there are picnic tables. This place is popular so do not be surprised if you stand in line for a while to order and/or scout for a place to sit. Make sure and try their Jalepeno Cornbread. The shrimp brochette is a winner.

• Visited April 2012
1 Thank SeriousBiz

Houston, Texas
“Surprisingly unspicy crawfish”
Reviewed April 15, 2012

We decided to go out for crawfish on a Saturday night and Ragin' Cajun is open until 11pm. We arrived just after 9pm and the place was still crowded. We joined the line to place our order. An order of soft shell crabs with 2 sides, a bucket of crawfish (3.5 lbs), 1/2 bucket of crawfish (1.5 lbs), and two sodas came to a whopping $70! The price would have been tolerable if the food was amazing, but it wasn't.

The crawfish had no flavor. I was actually surprised that it was possible to boil crawfish and for them to taste that way. The tables are lined with a variety of powered spices and hit sauces, presumably to add your own. I made a ketchup hot sauce concoction in which I dipped my crawfish, but it still wasn't what I had hoped for.

Save you money and appetite and go somewhere else for crawfish.

Houston, Texas
“Not for everyone, but it is for me and my friends”
Reviewed December 6, 2011

I, my family, and my fiends don't go there for everything on the menu. Not even sure if I like everything on the menu as we go for the oysters, crawfish, gumbo, and the sides (reds bean & rice, cornbread, hushpuppies). Oyster Happy Hour works just fine (a dozen for $4.00). Want "dressy"? Don't eat here. Want to eat where you don't have to apologize for laughing too loud at a table mate's comments? Eat here.

• Visited November 2011
Parma, Italy
“Louisiana taste”
Reviewed October 20, 2011

Summer 2010 we were in New Orleans and, ounce in Houston, we couldn't resist to enter again such intriguing restaurant. we're italians and we were with some texan friends. Great food and crayfish in season. good service by young waitress eager to make us enjoy the food. popular and cheap but tasty and really enjoyable. not to miss.

• Visited March 2011
Thank Maria Ferdinand... O
Fair Oaks Ranch, Texas
“Not the place it was...”
Reviewed August 19, 2011

Same old funky decor but the food has become more like fast food Cajun at five star prices. I remember when the food was good down home Cajun at reasonable prices. Now it's more like Joe's Crabshack off the Interstate. It's not that I can't afford it, but I'm not going to pay their prices for what they are serving. We shared a plate of fried ship that looked more like fried popcorn shrimp with dry dirty rice. This place was owned by a Pt. Arthur native at one time. When we left we saw that it had become a "Mandola Family" restaurant. That explains a lot. It has lost it's individuality and we are paying "Mandola Family" prices for what used to be down home coonass cooking. Nextime I want popcorn shrimp I'll go to Red Lobster or iHop.

Visited July 2011