“get the catfish and grits!”
Review of The Breakfast Klub

The Breakfast Klub
Ranked #22 of 8,552 Restaurants in Houston
Cuisines: American
Good for: Large groups, Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch
Neighborhood: Midtown
Reviewed January 19, 2011

the breakfast klub is an awesome experience from start to finish. expect a big line, but it moves quickly and employees come out and hand out menus and if you haven't been there before take you through how you order, get drinks, etc. For this northerner, it's the perfect experience of southern hospitality and amazing southern cooking. i decided to get one of the signature dishes, catfish and grits, and it was unbelievable! they have "traditional" breakfast stuff too. while the service and ordering is regimented and fast, every single member of the staff is super friendly - even the owner walks around and checks in! My recommendation would be, just go, you'll love it. next time i visit my sister in houston i'll be back.

1  Thank janerobotnik

Reviewed November 5, 2010

The food was great. You get so much with your meal than you would expect. I had a cheese om., grits, and toast. If you want home cooking; I would highly recommend this place.

Reviewed May 30, 2010

A client invited me here for lunch, and on my next visit, I invited a client here. Casual, but great comfort breakfast food from eggs to french toast. GREAT service the moment you walk in. I love the coffee selection which, they describe, is weakest to strongest left to right on the shelf---and there is about 10 canisters. GREAT place...get there on a weekday or good luck on the weekends getting in.

2  Thank KansasCityGuy
Reviewed May 18, 2010

I think if I could revert back to the metabolism of an eight year old, I would go to the Breakfast Klub once a week. It just puts you in a good mood. I always have over medium green eggs and ham, with grits and a biscuit. The eggs are done correctly every time and the biscuit is chalk full of fat, but man is it good. I walk out of this place filled to the max with food that is just down right delicious. My family always has one of the fried catfish or chicken and waffles, both look like excellent choices. In my opinion, the grits could use a bit more salt, but no harm in having to add it myself.

They have an excellent selection of coffees.

The atmosphere is homey, but on a Saturday morning this place gets so packed, that there is barely a way for you to sit and relax. That is to be expected with food like this, but I just wanted to give a warning. I only wish they were open on Sundays to spread out the weekend crowd a bit!

1  Thank CrayzFoody
Reviewed May 5, 2010

I love breakfast. No - seriously - LOVE breakfast. And, this is my favorite place in Houston. I'm a sucker for the French Toast or pancakes. And, the eggs are cooked slowly leaving them perfectly fluffly. But, you better like butter! This place uses lots of it....probably why it is so perfect!