“feel like family”

Neighborhood: Midtown
Wichita Falls, Texas
“feel like family”
Reviewed February 26, 2014

Long lines welcome you as half the city appears to wait for this southern home style breakfast. Friendly staff and good food went on a Sunday and enjoyed catfish and grits and I hate catfish but this was their signature along with chicken and waffles.

• Visited October 2013

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Detroit Mi
“The best Breakfast around”
Reviewed February 25, 2014

Let me tell you, I was looking for a quick bite to eat for the family before a day a the houston museum of natural science. Showed up at about 10 am on a monday and was greeted by a 10 minute wait which usually is a deal breaker for me. There was something about this place. Was it the local paintings on the wall? Was it the serve your self almost cafeteria-esque set up? Maybe it was the vibrant mix of all ethnicities sharing a moment in time over a plate of food. I got the breakfast special. Bacon was outstanding thick and had no fat. Perfectly cooked. Eggs were as was the texas toast they serve with the meal. Wife had chicken and waffles. All I can say is foodgasm. It was the first time I was packed full in houston. I was full of food and love and washed it out with a cup of coffee. Stop here you will not regret it. A little pricey but I have found you get what you pay for.

Denver, Colorado
“Loved the French Toast!”
Reviewed February 22, 2014

I went here for breakfast while in town on business. What a great way to start the day! I certainly didn't need to eat again until dinner. This was the best french toast I've ever had. I would like to come back again.

Laurel, Maryland
“Are you in the Klub?”
Reviewed February 20, 2014

My girlfriend is from Houston and said we had to try this place. It did not disappoint. We heard about the line, so we got there around 8, right when they open. We didn't wait long at all. I ordered the catfish and grits, my husband ordered the chicken and waffles. The "katfish" as they call it was awesome as well as the rest of breakfast. Now my husband has eaten at Roscoe's chicken and waffles in CA, so he compared the two. He says the chicken here is better and the waffles at Roscoe’s are better. All in all we enjoyed eating here. It's a no frills kind of place. If you’re in Houston, I'd say stop in.

North Carolina
“Comfort Food”
Reviewed February 15, 2014

I had just gotten into town for a visit to Houston and was looking for a place to eat on the way to explore the city. From all the positive reviews from Tripadvisor, I decided to stop here. Parking can be a bit hectic and I had to wait until someone left so I could take their parking spot. From what I understand, there is typically a line around the corner of the building. They do have outdoor heaters for chilly days and they have a hostess that will show you the menu and present the special of the day while you wait. Because the place stays packed and I was by myself, I had to share a table with strangers. No big deal, I guess. Service was prompt and friendly and they have decent portions. You do have to get things like silverware, napkins, coffee and condiments yourself. Food was good (not spectacular) but a bit overpriced in my opinion. Great atmosphere though. Decent place if you are in the area but I wouldn't go out of my way to experience. Slightly overrated.