“Your life will change for the better”
Review of The Breakfast Klub

The Breakfast Klub
Ranked #16 of 8,183 Restaurants in Houston
Cuisines: American
Good for: Kids, Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Brunch, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighborhood: Midtown
Tyler, United States
“Your life will change for the better”
Reviewed December 28, 2013

Ok, so I know the wait is long, so just be prepared. You know if you have to wait, that the food is mind blowing. I ordered 5 different things on the menu, and it was life changing. I met the owner, and he was very kind. Everyone that works there is happy to help, plus you can look at the menu while you wait in line. You can also see many singers, rap stars, and atheletes show up to this place. That's how good it is. Green Eggs, and ham was amazing, and the french toast, will make you slap your Momma.

• Visited March 2013

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Atlanta, Georgia
“Good food, long wait”
Reviewed December 18, 2013

We visited Houston recently and had to try the Breakfast Klub, which came highly recommended. We met a friend there who now lives in Houston and she vouched for it as well. We heard it was popular, so we weren't surprised when there was a line outside at 9:30am on a Sunday morning. But they run an extremely efficient operation and the line moved very quickly. By the time we ordered at the front counter and made our way to our table, our food was already arriving! And it was piping hot and fresh, not the type that sits under the warming lamp until the next order is placed. My husband loved his catfish and grits, and the french toast was excellent. I had scrambled eggs with cheese and potatoes as well. The eggs were great - not runny or too soft, but the potatoes could have been a bit more brown and seasoned. This place thinks of everything, they had a live violin player in the parking lot playing holiday music while people waited in line and inside they played jazz music in the background and had cool, local art on the walls. We would definitely return on our next trip, but make sure to go early and avoid the line!

Visited December 2013
Madison, Mississippi
“All Great but the COLD!”
Reviewed December 10, 2013

This restaurant was featured on the Steve Harvey show awhile back.. We were in the area for the SWAC championship game & decided to visit. We arrived at about 7:40am & they open at 8am. There was a line of about 25 people standing outside in cold waiting for this restaurant to open. Temp was in the 30’s this particular weekend. We were able to see the employees having some type of meeting before the restaurant opened. We waited outside in the cold about 25 minutes. They did have large heaters outside the closer you got to the door. Once you come in you order & pay instantly. My husband went to the table & I fixed our drinks. Before I was done the food was already on the table. It was hot & fresh. The fried chicken is awesome!! I wanted the recipe! The manager constantly walked around to different tables asking if everything was ok. The only downside was the price. Our total was $36 for two entrees. No drinks. I thought this was a little expensive for breakfast food. If I am ever in the area again I will be back! Maybe they will have come up with a different solution to the lines by then?!

• Visited December 2013
Flower Mound, Texas
“Great Food, Fast Service”
Reviewed November 30, 2013

We decided to go to this restaurant after a co-worker of my wife raved about it. After driving directly there from the Dallas area, we were somewhat shocked by the long line that snaked outside when we arrived. It was around noon and the restaurant closes at 2PM, so we were uncertain if we would even be able to get served. After being assured by one of the locals in front of us in the line that we would have no problems, we stuck it out. Being in the line was entertaining. A member of the staff brought menus so that we could peruse our options and there was a face painter for the kids. We waited about 45 minutes to get inside the door.

Once we got through the front door, we discovered the reason for the long line...you order and pay for your food at the front counter before being seated. After finding a seat and getting our drinks, it could not have been more than 3 minutes before our food was on our table "piping hot"! My wife had the chicken breast and waffle while I had the catfish and grits. Both plates were heaping and the food was delicious! We even ordered some chicken wings to take back to our hotel room for an early evening snack.

The staff kept the place immaculately clean and the prices were reasonable. Definitely a place to visit again and again!

• Visited November 2013
“A-mazing!”
Reviewed November 24, 2013 via mobile

Came to Houston to visit a friend, non of us have ever been before and I highly recommend stopping by when your in the area!! The nicest people and the best food!!