“Wrong turn on road brought us to a five star diner!” 5 of 5 stars

The Breakfast Klub
Ranked #12 of 7,893 Restaurants in Houston
Cuisines: American
Good for: Dining on a budget, Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Brunch, Lunch, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighborhood: Midtown
texas
“Wrong turn on road brought us to a five star diner!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2013 via mobile

Went the wrong way trying to leave downtown, saw this place called the breakfast klub and decided to be adventurous and try it out! Upon entering the staff was awesome, helping us with our kids, recommending dishes for them etc. after we ordered (biscuits and gravy, wings & waffles and waffles for kids) we sat down and the proprietor came up and chatted with us. And trust me, this place was packed so it was awesome that he included us in his rounds. Staff removed dishes promptly and checked on us to see how doing. And food. Husband said biscuits and gravy was best ever eaten in his 40 yrs. I loved my wings and waffles but was huge and could have just had the wings. Kids ate and ate and ate as one pancake and one waffle was enough for double the kids we had. Gourmet coffee gourmet tea. Wow. My husband loved the music, I loved the atmosphere which to me was hole in the wallish. Obviously by the crowds and reviews we are not the first to find this gem. My only negative is that the prices are a but higher than one would expect walking in. But we loved it and would return!

1 Thank quizaya

• Chinese (Traditional) first
texas
“Service was terrible”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2013

Nothing special about the food for all the hype you hear. Waffle and chicken were just ok and you had to get up and get your own syrp they would not bring it to me. Bummer. Will never go back!

3 Thank Natasha708
Baytown, Texas
“Catfish and grits? Tasty!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2013

If you're looking for great soul food for the first meal of the day, head over to TBK. Today I had fried catfish and creamy grits, plus sides of potatoes and a big, fluffy biscuit. The crispy crust on the catfish was perfect -- flavorful, but not hot or overpowering.

My son had the most amazing grilled cheese sandwich I've ever seen -- American, Cheddar, and Swiss cheese on garlic butter Texas toast. He loved it.

You'll see folks from every part of Houston seated at the darkly stained and heavily varnished plywood tables. Business is conducted over huge mugs of coffee at one table, while a dad and his teenaged daughter sample food from each other's plates at another. I have no idea who arrived in the limousine in the parking lot, but I'm certain they enjoyed their meal.

Be sure to check out the art and enjoy the jazzy tunes, too.

• Visited February 2013
1 Thank LaViajera1205
“Way overrated”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013 via mobile

The place looked filthy inside and was the greasiest food I've ever had and that's after waiting an hour to get inside. Don't go!!!!

• 2 of 5 stars
    • 1 of 5 stars
    • 2 of 5 stars
    • 1 of 5 stars
4 Thank fugihunter
San Antonio, Texas
“BEST WINGS EVER”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

make sure you know you will wait in line, but its well worth it!. I had the wings and waffle, with a bowl of fruit and they had some coffee that I would kill another person to have again (YES ITS THAT DAMN GOOD).. everything was wonderful ! Will be back again for sure!

Visited February 2013