“Service was terrible”

The Breakfast Klub
Ranked #16 of 8,183 Restaurants in Houston
Cuisines: American
Good for: Local cuisine, Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Brunch, Lunch, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighborhood: Midtown
texas
“Service was terrible”
Reviewed March 6, 2013

Nothing special about the food for all the hype you hear. Waffle and chicken were just ok and you had to get up and get your own syrp they would not bring it to me. Bummer. Will never go back!

3 Thank Natasha708

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Baytown, Texas
“Catfish and grits? Tasty!”
Reviewed February 26, 2013

If you're looking for great soul food for the first meal of the day, head over to TBK. Today I had fried catfish and creamy grits, plus sides of potatoes and a big, fluffy biscuit. The crispy crust on the catfish was perfect -- flavorful, but not hot or overpowering.

My son had the most amazing grilled cheese sandwich I've ever seen -- American, Cheddar, and Swiss cheese on garlic butter Texas toast. He loved it.

You'll see folks from every part of Houston seated at the darkly stained and heavily varnished plywood tables. Business is conducted over huge mugs of coffee at one table, while a dad and his teenaged daughter sample food from each other's plates at another. I have no idea who arrived in the limousine in the parking lot, but I'm certain they enjoyed their meal.

Be sure to check out the art and enjoy the jazzy tunes, too.

• Visited February 2013
1 Thank LaViajera1205
“Way overrated”
Reviewed February 25, 2013 via mobile

The place looked filthy inside and was the greasiest food I've ever had and that's after waiting an hour to get inside. Don't go!!!!

4 Thank fugihunter
San Antonio, Texas
“BEST WINGS EVER”
Reviewed February 25, 2013

make sure you know you will wait in line, but its well worth it!. I had the wings and waffle, with a bowl of fruit and they had some coffee that I would kill another person to have again (YES ITS THAT DAMN GOOD).. everything was wonderful ! Will be back again for sure!

Visited February 2013
1 Thank figboo69
Dallas, TX
“Wings and Waffles-Awesome”
Reviewed February 6, 2013

I was working in Houston and had been hearing about the Breakfast Klub for some time. My friend who had been singing the praises offered to take me there for breakfast. It was a great experience. As other reviewers have said Marcus Davis and the entire staff are very personable and make you feel like you are having a meal in their home. Since my friend is a regular, he knew just about everyone working there.
As we prepared to order my Houston friend asked if I wanted a dish with eggs which he described as very good. I just had to order the chicken and waffles. When I started eating I immediately realized that the wings were very special because of the quality of the wings themselves. Then they are made like grandma used to make. Wow.
The Breakfast Klub should also be known for their excellent coffee. I like mine strong and I found exactly what I wanted.
I recommend that anyone visiting Houston at least eat breakfast once at The Breakfast Klub. It is an unforgettable experience

• Visited February 2013