“Fried chicken rockz!” 5 of 5 bubbles

The Breakfast Klub
Ranked #14 of 8,115 Restaurants in Houston
Cuisines: American
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children, Kids
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Brunch, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighborhood: Midtown
Round Rock, Texas, United States
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Fried chicken rockz!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 5, 2012

Every time I visit Houston, I make sure I can get to The Breakfast Klub for breakfast or lunch (the only thing they serve is breakfast, but they're open most days until 2 pm, so you can have breakfast twice!). I'd never been tempted to try waffles & fried chicken until I saw their "waffles & wingz," and now I'm hooked. Slightly spicy fried chicken wings set off the sweet belgian waffle and hot syrup. Pour your own coffee into their king-sized mugs and find a comfy spot, 'cause you're going to be munching on The Breakfast Klub's generous servings for a while. This is one of my favorite restaurants, and my all-time favorite restaurant for breakfast. The only thing wrong with it is that it's not located in Austin! Oh, and get there early: the lines, especially on weekends, can be long, but the food is worth the wait.

• Visited November 2012
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Houston, Texas
“Best fried chicken”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 30, 2012

I was skeptical of chicken and waffles until I had it here. It is amazing. I think the Breakfast Klub has the best fried chiecken I've had after my grandmother's. Their grits are quite good too, and I keep meaning to try the "katfish" and grits, but I just can't bring myself to not order the chicken and waffles! The first time I came here, I wated in a 1hr line, and I didn't regret it. If you go on Sunday, get there early or you'll be standing in a line (under thoughtfully provided tents with ice water nearby) for a LONG time.

Visited June 2012
Houston, Texas
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Breakfast”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 26, 2012

This is our treat day stop. We love wings n waffles, grits are so creamy. The lattes and hot chocolate is the bomb. We bring out of towners and they love it. Line reminds you of Sweetie Pies in St Louis. Gotta go there if you're ever in Houston.

• Visited September 2012
Houston, Texas, United States
“Yummy!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 25, 2012

The Breakfast Klub always has a very long line but it is definately worth the wait! We tried the Catfish, Eggs and grits and the Chicken and Waffles. Yummy! Great soul food!

Visited October 2012
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
“Amazing line but more Amazing Food!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 23, 2012

I had read reviews for this restaurant on another site. Everyone mentioned the lines and mostly everyone mentioned that it was worth the wait. I had never had a more fun time waiting in a line. The line moved quickly and I think this had a lot to do with an employee that came outside and greeted everyone, showed the special, provided the menu and was very entertaining. She teased, joked, and had us laughing to the front door. My date had on a Dallas Cowboys shirt and she teased him about not being served.

She explained the simple process to order. Upon entry, you can check out the owner's story and numerous awards that the restaurant has earned.The cashier that took our order was sweet and gracious. I put a tip in the jar and she came out later to find me, thank me, and gave me a hug. Right after placing the order, I went to get my condiments, and the food arrived at the table by the time I sat down. I have the Khicken and Grits with Eggs and Biscuit and my date had krawfish Fettukkine dish. No typos....all c's are k's at the Breakfast Klub.

My first bite was heaven....my last bite was heaven. I hated that I did not wear a dress that had more give. I was full fast and even had a meal to take home. GRITS amazing! I hear the chicken and waffles is a treat also. The owner greeted us as he was coming in and teased my date about the Dallas shirt. I have friends that stay almost an hour away from the Breakfast Klub, and they both said that they come Midtown often for the breakfast. My statement: I might fly back to Houston just to eat there.

• Visited October 2012