“Brought back great memories and as good as it was 10 years ago. . .”
Review of Lupe Tortilla

Lupe Tortilla
Ranked #86 of 8,206 Restaurants in Houston
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Neighborhood: Greenway/ Upper Kirby
“Brought back great memories and as good as it was 10 years ago. . .”
Reviewed October 22, 2013

Lupe's was a family favorite when we lived in Houston in the early 2000s.

I was not disappointed with my recent return. The bean dip served with chips was the same, favorite standby that I have since tried to replicate. The chips are delicate and crisp, not heavy or overly salted. The salsa is fresh and bright.

We enjoyed a variety of platters but I went with my favorite, the steak Lupe. The food was hot and fresh. The sides excellent. The carne asada was cooked to perfection.

I was very pleased with the visit and hope it is less than 10 years before I make it back.

• Visited October 2013

• Indonesian first
Houston, TX
“Great as Always”
Reviewed October 21, 2013 credit card Amex Card Member Review

Went for lunch with a friend and the fajitas were amazing as always. There was not a wait and the service was quick. Highly recommended!

Visited October 2013
Houston, Texas, USA
“Lupe's Tortilla”
Reviewed October 9, 2013 credit card Amex Card Member Review

Great ambiance with good food. It has great atmosphere during the evening and has a great patio seating outside.

Visited October 2013
Birmingham, Alabama
“AWESOME FOOD and SERVICE”
Reviewed October 5, 2013

They have the best Fajitas I've ever had...I love Mexican Food, and I have eaten at quite a few Mexican restaurants....and we come to Houston often for my husbands medical...and we ALWAYS EAT HERE! At least once...and sometimes twice in in the few days we are there...the General Manager Jerry is awesome to his customers. Not only do they have good food, they have Great Service! We will DEFINITELY go back!!

• Visited October 2013
Jacksonville, Florida, USA
“Looking for some Tex-Mex? Stop here”
Reviewed September 12, 2013

I tried Lupe Tortilla while I was in Houston for business. I must say, I enjoyed it.

The Good: The atmosphere was really nice. I also thoroughly enjoyed the waitstaff singing for patrons' birthday. The drinks were flowing and also a decent price for happy hour (330p-630p) and the food was average. The table-side guacamole was good but needed more flavor. Also, the waiter could have made it more of a presentation to the table. More show, if that makes sense. Though I doubt the fish in my fish taco is mahi, it was ok. Maybe a little old.

The Bad: slow, slow, slow. The waitstaff seemed to have too much going on and the service was incredibly slow. Drinks, food, chips...it didn't seem to matter. Took an exceptionally long time for everything.

I'd go back after I finished touring the rest of the local joints but wouldn't make it a mandatory stop when in town. If you do stop by, grab yourself a beer-a-rita and prepare to wait.

• Visited September 2013