“Snippy bartender and clueless hostess”
Review of Rainbow Lodge

Rainbow Lodge
Reserve with OpenTable
Rainbow Lodge is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #44 of 8,434 Restaurants in Houston
Cuisines: American, Seafood, Steakhouse, Contemporary
Good for: Romantic, Large groups, Scenic view, Special occasions
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Greater Heights
Cross street: East TC Jester
Reviewed April 20, 2014 via mobile

We went to the Rainbow Lodge today for Easter. The Easter menu was nice and at an affordable price. Our waiter was pleasant and took good care of us. Too bad that the auxiliary staff ruined it for us! When we arrived, we were told that we could wait in the bar area. After standing in one place for a while and not being served, we moved to another spot. The bartender yelled at us saying we were blocking the area for the servers. He was very rude! He didn't even ask if we needed anything! I would have left the place if my parents hadn't been with me, but we stayed. After dinner we wanted to walk around the outside area. We were told it is lovely, but we'll never know. I told the hostess that we would like to walk around the outside area and asked her how to get there. She said just go out the front door. Out the front door was the parking lot!really?? Rude bartender and hostess that apparently was clueless=I'll never return here!

1  Thank Toobz2b

Reviewed April 5, 2014

Truly one of the gems of Houston. Went here for the first time last week and was blown away! Park like setting in the city with gourmet food. No wonder all the whos who of Houston have dined here. Ill be back

Reviewed March 31, 2014

My husband and I went to the Rainbow Lodge upon recommendation from a friend. We were celebrating our 34th wedding anniversary. The quiet, quaint facility doesn't look anything inside like it does outside. The menu has a variety of unusual wild game and seafood. I had the Chilean Rib eye and it was wonderful beyond words. My husband chose the buffalo tenderloin which turned out to be quite good. Salads do not come with the dinner, but can be ordered along with the meal. They have quite a varied list of alcoholic beverages and beer from which to choose. The desserts are a must. The lemon pie in a jar is just great. My husband chose the croissant bread pudding with bourbon sauce. Our server, Jim, was so personable and very helpful when it came to the menu choices. Don't miss this restaurant.

Reviewed March 23, 2014 via mobile

We visited the Rainbow Lodge to taste the wild game menu and it was fantastic. There were three of us and each ordered a different entree and we shared to get the full experience. Everything was GREAT. We will make a trip to the Rainbow Lodge a part of every trip to Houston, in the future!! Great food, great atmosphere and great service!!

Reviewed March 11, 2014 via mobile

My husband had a surprise 70th birthday at the Rainbow Lodge. They seated us in a private room with a large square table that made conversation for 12 easy and comfortable. The food was delicous with the bison steak being the winner. Great evening - great food -great service.