“Glad I went once, don't need to go again”
Review of Rainbow Lodge

Rainbow Lodge
Reserve with OpenTable
Rainbow Lodge is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #48 of 8,350 Restaurants in Houston
Cuisines: American, Seafood, Steakhouse, Contemporary
Good for: Romantic, Large groups, Scenic view, Special occasions
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Greater Heights
Cross street: East TC Jester
Reviewed February 20, 2014

I ordered the snapper and it was dry and appeared to be served over rice a roni
It was 2/15 so maybe they were extra busy from valentines day so it's not their fault
One in our party had to send his mushroom risotto back because it tasted burnt
I know exotic meats are gamey but several of the bites I tried were grisly
The quail appetizer was great and my friends lobster risotto was excellent

Reviewed February 17, 2014

We were excited to dine Rainbow Lodge for Valentine’s Day. There were four of us and it lived up to the expectations we had set for it. It was little too cold we could not enjoy the grounds or the terraced patio dining, but it looked beautiful. Our gracious server who was a true professional greeted us, we had made reservation via Open Table, and we ordered the Valentines special.

For the first Course
We had (3) Jumbo Lump Crab Cake – Olive Oil Marinated Fennel, Champagne Bearnaise, and (1) Southern Fried Texas Quail Acorn Squash Tart, Spiced Honey Emulsion, Pecans and Oregano

Second Course
(2) Lobster Salad with Navel Orange, Sesame, Honey, Micro Greens from our Garden and (2) Roasted Beet Salad, Butter Lettuce, Texas Goat Feta, Fig Vinaigrette

Third Course
Pan Roasted Sea Bass on Saffron Orzo Pasta Spanish Olives, Chard Leaves and Shaved Fennel, Lemon and Champagne Mignonette
Beef Tenderloin Slices Cauliflower and Sweet Potato Au Gratin, Toasted Wild Mushrooms, Pinot Noir Sauce
South Texas Duo ~ Venison Loin and Grilled Wild Boar Chop Jalapeno and French Brie Bread Pudding, Crispy Brussels Sprouts, Wild Huckleberry Sauce

Dessert
Warm Croissant Bread Pudding Bourbon Caramel, Vanilla Bean Ice Cream, Almond Tuille (1) Lemon Cheesecake Bars ~ Using Lemons from our Orchard Almond & Honey Crust, Pistachio Dust (2)Dark Chocolate Pot de Crème Mint Chocolate Truffles & Blood Orange, Chantilly

Everything was prepared perfectly and the service was great – I highly recommended this place for special occasions

Reviewed February 10, 2014

This is definitely one of the best restaurants in Houston in my opinion!

Started with lump crab cakes....the sauce was delicious and the crab cakes themselves had a nice, subtle crunch to them.

For our entrees, we ordered the Elk Chop and Nilgai Antelope. The elk has a very strong, gamey taste and takes some strength to chew. I would consider it a "manly dish" as my otherwise voracious girlfriend struggled to get past the 3rd bite. The sides and meat were well-spiced though. The nilgai, on the other hand, was one of the most tender meats I have had. It was absolutely delicious and was paired perfectly with the poblano spoonbread. I would highly recommend it!

For our side, we tried the Jalapeno Bread Pudding, which teases your taste palette. Initially has a subtle, sweet taste, but the spice unexpectedly kicks in a few seconds later!

Our server was great but was a little slow in attending to us. The interior is beautifully designed with several fireplaces to keep warm and outdoor seating has a nice view. Valet is required for dinner. Make reservations before going.

Reviewed February 5, 2014

WOW - What a great food experience. I don't usually order meat in a restuarant, but the Buffalo Filet was AMAZING! The service was exceptional and the atmosphere was great at the holidays. On my next visit to Houston, I will go back!

Reviewed February 2, 2014

Sunday brunch ... Overall appearance was welcoming, clean, and bright, which made being led to the worst table in an empty house exquisitely irritating. Service was attentive and very good.

The mixed grill was very tasty. Coming out hot would've make it excellent. Companions' entrées were good as well. Lump crab meat omelet was prepared exactly as ordered, French. Off-menu waffle creation was excellent.

Needing attention are food temperature, the Virgin (driving) Mary's, and milk punch. Thus, a low-4 score in this city of good dining.

Dr. Scott says: Check it out for nice ambience and potentially very good food.

1  Thank FSK-2