“grae”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Rainbow Lodge

Rainbow Lodge
Reserve with OpenTable
Rainbow Lodge is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #35 of 8,142 Restaurants in Houston
Cuisines: American, Contemporary
Good for: Special occasions, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Romantic, Large groups, Scenic view, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Brunch, Dinner, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Valet Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Greater Heights
Cross street: East TC Jester
Hempstead, Texas
“grae”
Reviewed September 27, 2013

Haven't been back to you area in a long time, but there was 7 us this eve who had reservations.. Still just as delicious as I remember. Our server was very kind, attentive and not pushy. Loved her.
Hope to be back sooner next time!

• Visited September 2013

Irving, Texas
“Feels like a classy hunting lodge”
Reviewed September 17, 2013

Even though I live in the Dallas area, every time I'm in Houston I try to dine at this place. It never disappoints! It was lunch today as I ordered a glass of German Riesling wine and sat back to enjoy the huntsman-type ambiance of this unique restaurant. One of their specials was blackened grouper with delicately prepared brussel sprouts -- not something I typically order, but flavorful with a hint of garlic and other spices. The presentation was absolutely appetizing and accompanied by their delicious sourdough bread and soft butter. In my travels I dine out about 8 times a month and this is my best meal in several months. Quincy took good care of me. I can highly recommend this restaurant for lunch or dinner if you are in Houston -- go out of your way to find it!

• Visited September 2013
Texas
“A real lodge experience in middle of a city”
Reviewed September 4, 2013

Truly one of Houston's most unique and best dining locations. . The raven view is very unexpected. I can't wait for winter to enjoy the lodge fireplace for really cozy dining.

• Visited August 2013
Orland, California
“Nice ambiance, good exotic meats”
Reviewed August 24, 2013

This was our first time to Rainbow Lodge. We had wanted to go as we enjoy wild game meats and finally used our wedding anniversary as a good excuse. Our server was attentive without being overbearing. We were allowed to mix and match side dishes that came with the main entree to meet our person choices. My husband opted for the bison (buffalo) with the root vegetable hash and I had the elk with potatoes and green beans. The meat had to be returned to the chef for additional cooking as medium rare came back cold and raw. The server apologized and brought us our better cooked meat, which turned out to be quite delicious.
We enjoyed the experience but will save the return trip for another occasion as this is quite expensive and not something we can afford on a regular basis.

• Visited August 2013
Houston
“Rarely been disappointed...”
Reviewed August 16, 2013

We love Rainbow Lodge...we eat there several times a year, and we were married there back in 2009 ! Very cool, interesting place...gorgeous outdoor area...nice wine selections, and the food is outstanding. Have always had great service, too.

• Visited July 2013