“Great Seafood an Wild Game in the heart of the City!”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Rainbow Lodge

Rainbow Lodge
Reserve with OpenTable
Rainbow Lodge is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #41 of 8,144 Restaurants in Houston
Cuisines: American, Contemporary
Good for: Romantic, Scenic view, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Families with children, Special occasions, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Brunch, Dinner, Late Night, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Valet Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Greater Heights
Cross street: East TC Jester
“Great Seafood an Wild Game in the heart of the City!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 10, 2013

The place is located in a very accessible part of the town, one of the most beautiful restaurants in Houston, is a log cabin design facility with a beautiful back yard garden and creek, with seats in and outdoors. The interior decoration and the excellent customer service, make you feel very relax and able to enjoy the variety of excellent choices in the menu, I tried almost every thing on it in each visit and all taste delicious, the presentation of the food es very nice and the bar selection is huge. Excellent for family, romantic, business and friend occasions. They have brunch and the parking is valet only by tips. A place you can't missed it!

• Visited April 2013

“Poor service and wait staff”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 5, 2013 via mobile

My husband surprised me with dinner reservations for my burthday here. We arrived 10 minutes early for our 7:00 reservation and had to wait 5 minutes in the car for vale. Once inside we were seated in a cozy table however we never had a server. Our water was filled twice and we never got a menu. After 15 minutes, the table that came in after us had menus and a server, we left! When leaving, the hostess thanked us for coming and we waited 5 minutes again for the vale. Horrible restaurant even without eating!

Albuquerque, New Mexico
“Just too busy................”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 4, 2013

Let me first say I am a long time fan of the Rainbow Lodge. Even had my wedding reception there. That said, I feel compelled to write a quick review and say on THIS occasion, they came up way short. The place was packed (550 reservations for Easter brunch) and although there seemed to be plenty of waitstaff, it wasn't the case. Service was slow yet they seemed to want you to hurry up and get out. Generally, the food was good but the poached eggs my wife ordered, arrived COLD. Not cool or warm but COLD as if they had been sitting in the refrigerator. Not acceptable no matter how busy you are!

I am going to chalk this visit up as an Easter lesson. Be kind and forgiving. OK.

Next time, I won't be so understanding.

Houston, Tx
“Excellent Lunch at Rainbow Lodge”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 31, 2013

Rainbow Lodge: Have not been here in sometime however the overall quality has not changed.
* Menu: lots of very good selections. I ordered the business lunch for the great sum of $15.00.....yes that is correct. The business lunch had:
- starter: soup or salad with sourdough bread. I had the potato/leeks/sausage soup and it was excellent.
- entre': pork tenderloin with potatoes/apples/onions and it was also excellent.
- desert: bread pudding which was excellent. Small quantity but given I was pretty full already it all I needed.

* Staff: extremely friendly, effective, and efficient. One would think that a $15.00 lunch would not create much of a gratuity for the wait staff. However, one would think the lunch was for $50 given the quality of service. Way to go Rainbow Lodge keep up the service quality and it will always pay great dividends for the restaurant.

* Ambiance: The Rainbow Lodge has an excellent ambiance with the décor inside and the greenery outside.

Great place ..........

Spicewood, Texas
“Charming Place”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 29, 2013

The Rainbow Lodge had moved since we last dined at my favorited wild game Houston restaurant. Although the setting was not as romantic as it's previous Memorial Park location, we found the food and service to be just as good. Our waiter made us feel at home with his conversation and personal recommendations. His introduction to cab wine, Neal, was outstanding. We went with the mixed game appetizers and loved the quail. Our salads were deliciously fresh. The duck was a little salty and my buffalo filet with so tender it cut be cut with a plate. Overall we had a wonderful experience and will return again whenever we feel a need to satisfy our "gamey" taste.