“Nice brunch”
Review of Rainbow Lodge

Rainbow Lodge
Reserve with OpenTable
Rainbow Lodge is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #48 of 8,381 Restaurants in Houston
Cuisines: American, Seafood, Steakhouse, Contemporary
Good for: Special occasions, Large groups, Scenic view, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Greater Heights
Cross street: East TC Jester
Reviewed January 5, 2013

We like to go here for brunch. They have a smaller menu and cheap drinks. It is a nice atmosphere if you want something a little nicer. All parking is valet, but we like that.

Reviewed December 28, 2012

We dined here on Christmas Eve with a total party of nine. This was the first time we’d dined here since the old Rainbow Lodge burned down and they purchased the old La Tour d’Argent restaurant building. It’s an exceptional log cabin-ish structure and we didn’t really miss the old restaurant. We were a little surprised that the restaurant wasn’t completely full. Great atmosphere!

Valet parking was fine. Dined in the large room with the incredible fireplace and large game heads on the walls. The menu offered plenty of selections for everyone, including numerous game, seafood, and beef options. Everyone was pleased with their meals. Waitress was exceptional – offered to substitute any sides we wanted if we didn’t like the sides that came with our entrees. My salad was rather small, the potato and leek cakes were tiny and unremarkable. My filet mignon was quite exceptional in taste but unfortunately much more rare than medium. The wines we ordered definitely met everyone’s approval. We would definitely dine here again.

Reviewed November 26, 2012 via mobile

My husband surprised me by taking me here!! I had heard about rainbow lodge prior to us going. Love the old log cabin that it is in. Our appetizer was very yummy! It was a mix sample of 3 different wild game. My husbands main dish was very good!! My main dish was nothing to brag about. Tasted like pot roast. My desert was amazing!! The waiter was very informative. Only complaint is he smelled like a cigaret which I thought was very nasty!! All in all I will definitely let my husband take me here again!! Lol

Reviewed November 12, 2012

Welcomed in the New Year and celebrated our 26 th anniversery there last Dec 31 st Alway have had great food and service . Great view of stream outside but we like being by the fireplace . We eat here often as it close to our home .

Reviewed November 8, 2012 via mobile

The restaurant has a great decor and hunter lodge style atmosphere. The menu is short, but they will cook just about anything you ask for. As far as the price, my wife asked for a chicken breast, green beans and mashed potatoes. Very simple meal right? Well that very simple and small portioned plate cost $27. That was just her meal, now imagine the two kids and mine added to that! Kids chicken fingers and fries cost $11 each and my salad and crab cakes cost $30. My friend did have to send his food back, but they were quick to offer him anything on the menu to fix the problem. Nice place, but not for the family on a budget.