“Elegant service, terrific food” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Rainbow Lodge

Rainbow Lodge
Reserve with OpenTable
Rainbow Lodge is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #43 of 8,114 Restaurants in Houston
Cuisines: American, Contemporary
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Scenic view, Families with children, Special occasions, Large groups, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Brunch, Dinner, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Valet Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Greater Heights
Cross street: East TC Jester
El Paso, Texas
“Elegant service, terrific food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 9, 2012

If you have some extra money to spend then do yourself a favor and visit Rainbow Lodge. They feature many game meats on the menu, but also have more traditional fare for people less adventurous. The food is outstanding, service first rate and bar selection impressive. The only criticism would be the prices, but like they say you get what you pay for.

Visited June 2012

Houston, Texas
“WOW...Just Amazing!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 6, 2012 via mobile

Went last night- had a couple of OUTSTANDING drinks at the bar... Then it was time to Feast! We started with the Taste of the Wild (Mmm), then I opted for the Houston Restaurant Week Menu w/wine paring(s) while DH went with the regular menu... So we recieved a second app- Smoked Lamb Belly w/corn salsa, fingerling potato salad, & a BBQ sauce (perfection!!!)... Then I had the Cumin Rubbed Beef with a corn rizzoto & DH had the Bison Special, served w/asparagus & fingerling potatoes. We split my order of Bread Pudding for dessert & were in Heaven! Service was FANTASTIC- not too stuffy, nor overbearing, yet very helpful when questions arose... Even the bread & butter were worth a mention! Overall, a Superb Dining Experience! Lovely Place (sadly, it was raining, so we couldn't really tour the grounds), Lovely Food, Lovely Service (bar staff & valet, Front of the House, Waitstaff, EVERYONE!)... Probably my new Favorite Establishment in Houston! Will def return, with friends & visitors in tow!

• 4 of 5 bubbles
League City, Texas
“Absolutely Devine!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 3, 2012

It had been a few years since we had been to the Rainbow Lodge. My wife surprised me for our anniversary and made the reservations. Our evening also coincided with Houston Restaurant Weeks (which benefits the Houston Food Bank). We had a three course meal. My first course was the Slow Smoked Duck Gumbo with Andouille Sausage. She had the Griddled Gulf Shrimp. Both of them were absolutely delicious. The main course consisted of Bourbon and Texas Peach Glazed Suckling Pig with a Sweet Potato Bread Pudding (more like a savory sweet potato bread pudding, but not a traditional bread pudding). It was excellent. I had the Chile and Cumin Dusted Beef Shoulder Tender (medium rare). It was very tender and cooked perfectly. For dessert, we had the Croissant Bread Pudding (a must have) and the Texas Peach Upside Down Cake (also delicious but I liked the Bread Pudding better). The service was excellent. The restaurant itself is in an old log cabin style house that is 100 years old. There are several large taxidermy game animals hanging throughout. The place is very rustic. Excellent place to dine. We will go back soon. We had forgotten how great this place really is. I have no problems giving it a 5-star rating.

• Visited August 2012
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Gibsonville, North Carolina
“WOW service and food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 22, 2012

A friend took me to lunch and I was so impressed with everything about this restaurant. The host overheard my cell phone was dying and charged it while I ate lunch. My friend and I both were "handed down" the 2 steps with true grace. The buffalo short ribs were amazing and the wine suggested by the waiter was a perfect pairing. The landscaping and view are lovely and the decor is fun and real Texas. I would love to go back on my next visit.

• Visited May 2012
Houston, Texas
“Pretty setting and great wine tastings”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 2, 2012

Such a fun venue for their "BIG" wine tastings. Ten stations set up all over the beautiful grounds. Great wine and foods. Their Wednesday patio tastings are fun too.

Visited March 2012