“Good BBQ, cool place”

Ranked #159 of 8,357 Restaurants in Houston
Good for: Local cuisine, Large groups, Families with children
Dining options: Takeout
Reviewed February 3, 2013

Not having had Texas BBQ before, I'm not sure how it stacks up against other restaurants. But we found the food good. My wife and daughter each had a large baked potato, which was covered with cheese and sour cream. The potato was well cooked and delicious. My daughter also had a BBQ beef sandwich. The beef was tasty and the BBQ sauce was good without being too overpowering.

I had the BBQ sampler which consisted of BBQ beef brisket, smoked sausage and pork ribs with the same BBQ sauce. Of the numerous side dishes I chose cole slaw and Hot Tots, which were a potato fritter with jalepenos. The meats were very good. The cole slaw was OK, nothing exciting. The Hot Tots were very good. The one thing I didn't like was the the sampler was served on a metal platter which looked like a pizza pan. I could taste of bit of the metal flavor along with the meat, and that's why my review is 4 stars instead of five.

The establishment itself is not fancy, and looks a little intimidating from outside. But the people were very friendly and walked us through the ordering process. We would definately go again.

Reviewed January 16, 2013

Very limited menu. The chicken fried steak was good, but not exceptional. Service was good. Salad bar was very small, but it was fresh and well stocked. It seemed to be primarily a barbeque restaurant, however we did not get the barbeque.

Reviewed January 1, 2013 via mobile

They have great ribs, cfs, and chicken. They typically have take out ready in less than 10 minutes, which makes them a very convenient pick up option for those lazy Saturdays. I'm not crazy about their sauce, but since Im eating it at home not a big deal.

Reviewed December 26, 2012 via mobile

Long standing Thirty Six years plus I'm business this place has the best chicken fried steak BAR NONE! Massive helping server on pizza plates,

Come hungry and trust the food is great, the staff neighborly and almost family like, and well the atmoshere is good friendly and open.

It been ten years since I have eaten here but they still have the magic and love the food!

Give it a try great
Place for family dining or just friends in common!

ENJOY!

Reviewed December 23, 2012

came here afte came here after our favorite restaurant closed. we're very happy we made the choi we're very happy we made the choice to come. I had the brisket and he had the chicken fried chicken breast both were very delicious. I was expecting more quantity of food but the amounts that we got filled both of us up! We will definitely be back!