“It was good, but it is in a mall”
Review of Daily Grill

Daily Grill
Reserve with OpenTable
Daily Grill is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #151 of 8,448 Restaurants in Houston
Cuisines: American
Good for: Business meetings
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Great Uptown
Cross street: Adjacent to the Westin Galleria Hotel in the Galleria II
Description: Located in Galleria II, Level Two of the world famous Galleria, the Houston Daily Grill is adjacent to the Westin Galleria Hotel. Surrounded by a shopper’s paradise, Daily Grill is a great place to take a break for lunch or dinner, or meet up with friends for a cocktail after work in the sophisticated, clubby bar.Modeled after the great big city grills of the 30s and 40s, Daily Grill serves traditional American fare. We offer easy access with free valet parking at the Westin Galleria Hotel. Featuring Genuine Angus Steaks and Chops, Fresh Seafood, Classic Cobb and Caesar Salads, Meat Loaf with Mashed Potatoes, Chicken Pot Pie and not-to-be-missed Desserts, all served in a sophisticated yet casual atmosphere by servers that really care about the guest's experience. We also boast the best Martini and Happy Hour in town.
Reviewed January 10, 2014

The service was very good, the waiter Andy was very nice nice.
The food was quite good, the salmon and steak.
The drinks had flavor, but the effect was closer to near beer than a martini.
The environment, it was in the Galleria with shoppers and kids and lights and clanging.
We were reminded of the Silver Diner in BWI airport, tucked away in the airport as this was in a mall, but the Diner made no illusions.
Because of the service and food, I rated it higher than the other features in the restaurant. But it was better than the Cheesecake Factory, not as good as the Post Oak Grill.

Reviewed January 10, 2014

I don't know what was worse; the large cock roach that crawled across our table, the poor service or the lousy food. I ordered a Reuben. The meat was in thick (vs. thin) slices and there was no dressing. When I tried to get some dressing, my waitress was no where to be found. Even during those few minutes that was there, she seemed distracted. She never even asked how our meal was. The sandwich was awful. I didn't eat a good deal of it even though i was quite hungry. At the end of our meal, a cock roach over an inch long ran across our table. We caught it and gave it to the waitress. The manager who was sent to our table to address this was not even embarrassed. He nonchalantly remarked that the cock roach must have been disturbed when the exterminator sprayed. This left us wondering just how bad the roaches must have been in the kitchen. The experience left me nauseous!!!

Reviewed December 5, 2013

I don't think I would go out of my way to visit this restaurant unless I am either staying in the Westin, or shopping in the Galleria. The pea & ham soup was hot a very tasty. The special of salmon stuffed with crab was not special at all, very ordinary taste profile. The service however was very good and could not be faulted. Definitely convenience is the key word here, as a business traveler too tired to leave the hotel, and without having to eat at a "hotel restaurant" which does get very old when you are a road warrior. Being new to the area I actually thought I was going to the hotel restaurant as the elevator directed me to the 3rd floor, and much to my surprise the doors opened and there was the Galleria! Very strange to have immediate access to a hotel and no security on going up the elevator. Made my stay at the hotel feel less than secure as anyone from the mall could get on the elevator and go to any floor in the hotel. (Sorry, this almost turned into a hotel review - see my Westin Galleria review also)

Reviewed November 28, 2013

Thought we'd try here instead of alternatives such as the Cheesecake Factory.

The Daily Grill looks the part and the menu is reasonably complete. Service is friendly, but not great.

We ordered soup, a beer, a "brick chicken" which we were warned would take 15 minutes, and fish and chips.

The soup arrived and was awful. Then the mains arrived, much earlier than the 15 minutes. We told the server the soup was bad, and he took it off the check no questions asked. Well done. But still no beer, which is really odd since drinks are usually the first thing to arrive. It finally came after the second request. Poorly done.

The chicken and the fish were acceptable without being particularly memorable.

We shared an peach "cobbler" which - as the menu said - was enormous and more than enough for two people. It was quiet nice.

Probably wouldn't go out of my way to go here again, although it might be worth a try to see if our experience was typical or a one-off.

Reviewed November 25, 2013

We went here after shopping at the Galleria and enjoyed it. Unlike a lot of other places in the Galleria, it wasn't too plastic - it was nicely dark and comfy. Staff were great and kept the drinks coming. We had snacks from the happy hour menu which were great (the calamari plate was huge, a meal in itself). We didn't use the main restaurant as there is a bar area to the left as you walk in, but it looked pretty nice. A good place for enjoying some drinks without feeling too mall-like.