“A first class dining experience”
Review of Mark's American Cuisine - CLOSED

Dining style: Fine Dining
Neighborhood: Neartown/ Montrose
Cross street: Dunlavy Street
Reviewed March 4, 2014

Our team met here for an end-of-project celebration. These are usually slap-the-boss-on-the-back affairs that are attended out of a sense of obligation as much as anything else. On this occasion, however, all of us were all treated royally and had an absolutely memorable time. The service was attentive without being fawning, the food superb (nine different entrees for the ten of us without a single dud selection) and the wine suggestions were spot on! As an invitee, I didn't get to see the bill at the end of the evening (though I imagine it was pretty hefty) but my boss certainly got top quality for whatever he had to pay. My wife and I are saving our pennies to come back by ourselves again.

Reviewed March 4, 2014 via mobile

Marks isn't trendy, its classic. Great food and service makes this my favorite place in Houston. We've been countless times and I have never been disappointed.

Reviewed March 3, 2014

My husband and I had dinner at Mark's before attending the Houston symphony. We had plenty of time for a relaxed dinner, but our waiter, Kenneth, checked with us to be sure we didn't need to rush things. Once that was out of the way, we had a wonderful, leisurely meal. We combined our favorites with Kenneth's recommendations for some truly fine food and wine. Table service from all the servers was unobtrusive, but constant. We both stayed with seafood that night, but I have no doubts the other offerings would be superb. The building itself also provides great atmosphere. Tables are well spaced to provide some privacy.

Reviewed January 22, 2014

First trip to Mark's in three years. Great as always. Very good food and very good wine list. We had a couple of California smaller production wines and they were excellent and served at the perfect temperature. The veal chop special was wonderful. cooked to perfection with great sauces on the side to use or leave. I did some of both. Atmosphere was great, as usual. It is neither too formal nor too rowdy. I will return to Mark's.

Reviewed January 16, 2014

This place has amazing food and atmosphere. We've dined here many times. So I decided to invite all of my company team and spouses for a holiday dinner on a Friday evening in December.

BUT,,, our waiter was in some kind of mood.... he could not handle any kind of individual questions or requests. He was flustered if anyone asked for anything out of order -- of how he wanted the evening to go. We only had 9 people at our table. And we were not in a hurry. He made several of my guests feel bad about asking for something. I am so disappointed that he made an otherwise lovely dining experience awkward for all of us.