“Place to be in the dining capital of the world”
Review of Mark's American Cuisine - CLOSED

Dining style: Fine Dining
Neighborhood: Neartown/ Montrose
Cross street: Dunlavy Street
Rotterdam, The Netherlands
“Place to be in the dining capital of the world”
Reviewed September 21, 2013

When living in Houston, this was our favorite place for culinary experiences. And now living abroad, whenever we make a trip to Houston, we visit Mark's. The welcome by Mark's staff is always great and it feels good to be recognized even if we haven't been at the place for more than a year.

The food at Mark's is just superb. Would the Michelin Guide cover Houston, Mark's would attract a here star rating ("worth a dedicated trip"). If you would like first to dip your toe into this culinary paradise, try the week day's special lunch offer: a very affordable way to get introduced to Mark's kitchen.

South Houston, Texas
“American cuisine? No, it's out of this world.”
Reviewed September 21, 2013

Darn it, we keep forgetting it, even though it's close. We say that, every time that we eat there. The food is excellent, pretty, and just plain special. We are always glad that we went. I can't even tell you what we had, because it was all unique. I just wish we'd had company, so that we could have shared more dishes. The gateaux with cherries was so light and fluffy. Don't know how they did it. Duck ravioli - yum. I wish that I'd had room for the soft shelled crab salad.
This is a really great place.

• Visited September 2013
“I've had better McDonalds”
Reviewed September 19, 2013 via mobile

After reading the reviews here, I opted out of going to Perry's, to get the pork chop, to come here.... BIG mistake...HUGE! We started of getting cocktails. The continental and orange crush "Mark"tinis along with the ambience were fabulous. I was sold! So, then we are taken to our table upstairs where we had a very inattentive waiter. We order the seafood trio for an appetizer and it was okay and if we would have left at this moment maybe I would have been rating this restaurant as very good. The food was awful (the chicken and the ribs). The ribs were over cooked and I didn't have the tender melt in my mouth experience. The chicken.... You guessed it... Dry. And the waiter, well I probably could have walked out and he wouldn't have noticed until an hour later cause that's exactly how long it took to get that $174(excluding cocktails) bill even after we told him and sent others to see what was taking so long. Next time ill stick to my original Perry's plan or just have McDonald's.

Houston, Texas
“Best culinary experience to date!”
Reviewed September 11, 2013

My husband took me to Mark's for my birthday, it was our first time at the restaurant. Hands down, best culinary experience yet. My husband rates it in the top 3 experience which is saying a lot. It was worth the price!

• Visited July 2013
Sugar Land, Texas
“Exemplary restaurant”
Reviewed September 6, 2013

Mark's is a superb restaurant with excellent service. The chef sets his restaurant apart from others as a result of the menu which provides truly unique dishes and flavor s rarely found in any restaurant -- a true dining experience!!! In addition the restaurant is set in an old church providing an even more unique dining experience

• Visited February 2013