“great burger”

Cuisines: American
Good for: Business meetings, Scenic view
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Outdoor Seating
Reviewed March 25, 2013

the place is old and surrounded by townhomes and there is no parking lots,the burger is good we order south of the border and french toast which was good too.... but in my opinion is not the best but just good...

Reviewed March 23, 2013

This is the kind of place where you go when you want an awesome (and big) burger but don't care much about a fancy atmosphere. The floor is uneven and tends to get greasy and slick in spots, but don't pay any attention to that or the limited a/c on hot days. You go here for an awesome burger. (I have heard people say some of the other items are good too, but I always get a burger because they are so good.) At peak times (11:30-12:30 weekdays, for example) there is always a line to get in, so you may want to go for an early lunch or late lunch. They are closed Sundays and aren't open in the evenings at all, but for lunch it is one of my favorite spots for a big juicy burger. The jalapeno straws and tater tots are good too, and a nice change from the usual fries. If you aren't too big an eater you can easily split a burger. You order from one of the friendly waitresses, many of whom have worked her for years, but you pay at the counter and can let them know you're table number and they will pull your ticket from the tray. Be sure to bring cash because they don't take credit cards. There are picnic tables outside for overflow seating, some are covered and some are not, so if it looks like rain be careful where you sit!

Reviewed February 26, 2013

This place serves up really good upscale diner food. Don;t mess around: get a burger or get the daily special. I had the Friday special (tacos) and I was not disappointed. But I saw those burgers. Oh man, I want to go back for a burger!

Reviewed February 2, 2013

A great little neighborhood funky burger spot. Walkable from our home. Best, juiciest burgers we've ever had. Washed down with a not-too-expensive beer, it's a little bit of heaven.

Reviewed January 28, 2013

Located in the 'Midtown' area of Houston, Lankford Grocery became famous after a visit from Guy at Diners, Drive-Ins and Dives. We decided to go check it out.

It's hard to get there so be sure to check the map. Very easy to pass.
Parking is also no fun. There is almost no place to park around here.

Once you get there though, it's definetely worth it. They have indoor and outdoor seating. If it's a nice day, do yourself a favor and sit outside. It's very crowded and loud inside.

This is good old fashioned burger joint. The burgers are big they are greasy. Not heart healthy at all but they are delicious.

My son had the Grim Burger and I had the Southwest Burger. Both were quite good. I liked the Grim burger better. Next time, I'm definetly haveing the Chili Burger or the Texas Hash. Both looked awesome.

Their milk shakes bring all the boys to the yard. (They are good). They also serve breakfast which I hear is also good

We will return