“Good place for oysters and seafood. Veges pasta also a big winner.”

Tommy's Seafood Steakhouse
Ranked #210 of 8,183 Restaurants in Houston
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Romantic, Large groups, Families with children, Business meetings, Bar scene, Special occasions
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Full Bar, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Waitstaff
Neighborhood: Clear Lake
Belleair Beach, Florida
“Good place for oysters and seafood. Veges pasta also a big winner.”
Reviewed February 14, 2013

Seeking to take a break and have some oysters I came to this neighborhood place that was recommended.

My date had the vegetable pasta and was extremely happy. I tasted it and can attest it was one of the better veges pastas I've ever had. I had the raw oysters and escargot appetizer. Both were very good.

OThe service started a little hurried but calmed down after I made it clear we were taking our time to relax and start with a beer.

The atmosphere was ok; nothing too special. The bar war horseshoe shaped and a little tight with seating.

Prices were what you would expect in today's market which is to say it was pricey nonetheless.

I would still recommend it for some good oysters and a beer.

Houston
“Be on time or else!”
Reviewed February 10, 2013

I have not been back to Tommy’s since its renovation and what a change! It is crowded and noisy! First, when we arrived at 6:45, a Friday night, there were about 20 people waiting outside. But, we had a reservation for 6:30, so no problem, right? Wrong, we were told that our table had been given away because we were late. Girl at reception desk (GRD): I can add you at the bottom of the waiting list. Me: this is ridiculous, we are only 15 minutes late. GRD: We cancel reservations if people arrive more than 10 minutes late. Me: Maybe you could have mentioned this when I made the reservation?. GRD: “I always do when I take reservations but it was not me who took yours. Now, do you want your name on the list?” I felt so unwelcomed at that point, clearly she could not care less whether we stayed or not, obviously they had enough customers, they did not need our business. I should also mention that they had my phone number and never called to enquire if we were on our way. I had friends out of town and they had been looking forward this restaurant so we decided to stay anyway even if we had come for a quiet restaurant, which it was not.
The food was very good, the steaks cooked to perfection, and some of my friends enjoyed their sole-crabmeat rolls. The desserts and wine were excellent. However, the butter they put on the steaks has blue cheese in it which I do not like. I was careful NOT to pick the steak that came with blue cheese on their menu. Luckily, my husband who is allergic to bluecheese was not with us that night! They need to mention it if there is blue cheese in their dishes! The waiter was nice and efficient and not intrusive.
I am not going back thanks to their “welcome”. If you decide to go to Tommy’s, make a reservation and be on the dot!

• Visited January 2013
Houston
“Good and Close to Home”
Reviewed December 24, 2012

Tommy's prides itself on good food (Creole inspired), and service, and the oysters. They do pretty good. Close to home and we love it. Last visited on a Friday night with reservations and a long waiting line, and we walked right in and our nice table was immediately available. Kinda rare in these days and times. The menu is somewhat limited with regards to REAL Creole (no Ponchatrain), but my pecan crusted redfish was quite adequate. My sides, broccoli, a scoop of sweet potatos, and shaved corn off the cob are hardly Creole but quite good. Our appetizers were very good: spinach wrapped escargot, nice lump crabcake, grilled oysters, and a nice shrimp cocktail. The wine list is somewhat limited, but adequate and well priced. Entrees come with the house salad which is quite nice with a creamy dressing. Our service was outstanding, and the manager even came around to see how we were doing. Didn't order dessert since we had a Red Velvet Cake waiting at home. A bit pricey for the Clear Lake Area, but it's a nice go-to place.

• Visited December 2012
Houston, Texas
“Great Meal, Perfect Service”
Reviewed October 23, 2012

Arrived at 6pm just in time for 30 minutes left of Happy Hour. Ordered a dozen oysters and a martini. We started off with a fried green tomato that was served with a marinara sauce that has a smokey finish. I think it was adobo sauce. It was very good. I had the Asian tuna. It was well prepared and very tasty. Other members of the party had steaks which they both enjoyed. Maria, the server was outstanding. She was very attentive and suggested good wines to go with our choices. To make sure we liked the wine, she gave us a sample before serving it. The last time i was at this restaurant was before the renovation. It is open quiet and comfortable on a Monday night.

• Visited October 2012
Augusta, Georgia
“Good food...Great Service!”
Reviewed July 31, 2012

Very quaint...Great Martinis....Good food...This is a rare thing to actually find a nice, classy, clean place that is not a chain and is very good!

Visited July 2012