“yummy”

Le' Pam's House of Creole
Ranked #337 of 8,435 Restaurants in Houston
Cuisines: Cajun & Creole
Reviewed June 2, 2014

Oxtails, okra, mustard greens, macaroni and cheese, bread pudding---all wonderful. Pam and her husband aim to please. Fun place to eat.

Reviewed July 31, 2013

My husband and I have been looking for a good Creole restaurant for quite a while and have been meaning to check out Le' Pam's House of Creole, which is located in a strip center a couple of miles from our home (near FM1960 and Kuykendahl Road). When we finally tried it, we were in Cajun heaven with this wonderfully perfect cuisine! Pam, the owner and chef, was all smiles and really proud of her kitchen, staff, and her from-scratch cooking. (She starts cooking at 4:00 am each morning and has won awards for her dishes.)

Before we could order, Pam insisted on teasing us with samples of gumbo, okra, chicken and sausage Jambalaya, red beans and rice. My husband and I came in hungry and were convinced to try more than we came in for...which was a good thing for sure! My husband had the sausage over a bed of red beans and rice with sides of okra and gumbo. I had the chicken and sausage Jambalaya on a bed of rice with sides of green beans with potatoes and gumbo. It was all served on nice China plates and bowls. We ate almost all of the food and want to come back this weekend for home cooked mustard greens and seafood gumbo (hopefully I can wait that long).

The seasonings varied from dish to dish and was a perfect blend of flavoring and heat (not too much). There was no hint of thickeners or canned tasting flavors as in other so-called Cajun chain restaurants. The food here is filled with L-O-V-E!! The atmosphere was very casual but festive with Cajun music, and Mardi Gras mask arrangements on each table.

Afterward, I packed up a to-go box and Pam brought out samples of her famous bread pudding with a rum sauce, banana pudding, and peach cobbler (my favorite)! On our way out, she gave each of us a great big hug and sent us on our way! She wanted us to feel welcome and be a part of her family. It was a great experience and we hope everyone tries out this gem of a restaurant!

The website is http://lepamshouseofcreole.com