“A pleasant surprise”
Review of Mr. Peeples - CLOSED

Mr. Peeples
Good for: Large groups, Bar scene
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Pierce St. in Midtown
“A pleasant surprise”
Reviewed March 22, 2014 via mobile

We weren't sure about Mr. Peeples given the mixed reviews, but the food was delicious and generously portioned, and our waiter, Scott, was attentive and courteous. The atmosphere is a little like a nightclub and I would've preferred a little more lighting, but otherwise no negatives.

• Visited March 2014

Bakersfield, California
“Fun With Friends”
Reviewed March 13, 2014

Service and Wine Selection were excellent, best in the area. The staff are kind, the food superb, and the wine menu is the best I have seen in the area.

Visited January 2014
Chicago
“Good but not great”
Reviewed March 9, 2014

We were there on a slow night - place was empty. We were there at 7:00 and got seated immediately. We had a group of 10. Food was good but nothing special. Service was good. I thought the decor was a little strange, didnt understand the pool table being right at the front entrance. I think the place is new, needs a little work on the decor/identity. Nothing completely negative or bad to say, it was just okay...

Visited February 2014
Houston, Texas
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“I am disappointed with my server, he had the nerve to insult me by saying I know no one would be coming here to eat the chicken.”
Reviewed March 8, 2014

Paul was a great server when I was here in September, my experience was terrible and will seriously reconsider coming back!

• Visited March 2014
Houston
“Beautiful place.”
Reviewed February 16, 2014

I went to Mr. Peebles for the first time on a Saturday night. We had reservations for 7:45p.m. but still had to wait 20 minutes. The waiter was excellent but he had 2 large tables and 2 small tables and he was running back and forth. The place is beautiful, does remind me of the Cosmopolitan in Las Vegas but the use of space is not great. They send us to the bar to wait for our table but that was packed and no where to sit. I think better use of their foyer should go to expanding their bar area. anyway, the food. We ordered the crab cake appetizer which was 4 small cakes and were very good. I ordered the snapper and chipolte mac & cheese which was great! My husband had the Sea Bass which he liked and our other friend had the Salmon which he said was Ok, but didn't like the veggies that came with it. We also ordered the Green beans which were not that great. They actually forgot them and had to rush them out, that maybe why they weren't so good.
Overall, we were impressed with this restaurant and would go back.

• Visited February 2014