“Go for the pretzel bread!”
Review of Mr. Peeples - CLOSED

Mr. Peeples
Cuisines: American, Seafood, Steakhouse, Fusion, Wine Bar
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Pierce St. in Midtown
Houston, Texas, United States
“Go for the pretzel bread!”
Reviewed September 1, 2013

We recently dined with another couple at Mr Peeples on the HRW menu. The decor is quite unique - with its swirl of colors, graffiti, purple lighting and front-and-center pool table. We sat in a comfy booth in the corner. The crab cake was delicious however it was teeny tiny. The basil crusted salmon was the winner on the menu. Perfectly prepared over a fantastic camponata. The black magic chocolate cake wasn't magical for me - too flour-y not enough pure chocolate fudginess. We had a wonderful bottle of wine - Emeritus pinot noir. Service was good. Only downside was it was too warm. We asked twice for the AC to be turned on. We finally heard and felt it kick on and then all was good. Try it.

Visited August 2013

“Steak Char”
Reviewed August 29, 2013 via mobile

I read many reviews before booking our dinner reservations at Mr. Peeples. The reviews seemed to be hit or miss, I think we got a bit of both. The atmosphere was great and we had no issues being seated a few minutes ahead of our reservation time. The pretzel bread was good, and we really enjoyed the lobster and crab bisque, one of the better ones I have had. The steaks, however, were certainly per our medium rare order in the inside, but the outside was charred crisp, and the burnt char taste completely dominated all possible flavor the steak might have had. Not good. My husband's steak was cooked exactly the same way, so I assume mine was not a fluke-left-in-the-broiler too long steak.

For sides, The mashed potatoes were delicious, and the Mac and cheese good but a little too bacon-y for me. If it wasn't for the steak, dinner would have been great, but you don't go to a steakhouse to eat soup and sides. I'd give Mr. Peeples another chance, but I'd probably order fish next time.

“Beam Me Up Mr. Peeples”
Reviewed August 16, 2013

I'm always looking for a place to take a friend for a special occasion...well I found my new favorite spot....Mr. Peeples!

A buddy was in town for a birthday and we decided to drop my Mr. Peeples for a dinner to celebrate. My buddy was in from Cali and he couldn't believe that Houston had places like this in town.

We started off with a couple Martinis and then moved over to the menu. MAN! I loved the tasty ceviche. Next we both enjoyed the lovely steak cut size of the Sea Bass with the shrimp fried rice.....melted in my mouth like butter!!!!

Houston, Texas, United States
“Fantastic New Entry in Houston's Steak & Seafood Scene”
Reviewed August 15, 2013

I went with my wife and another couple last Thursday evening. The staff was very friendly and attentive. My wagyu steak was one of the finest cuts of meat of I ever had the pleasure of devouring. My wife's tuna tartare was incredible as well. It was cheap, but if you are looking for a truly first class dining experience, look no further.

Visited August 2013
Alexander G, Guest Relations Manager at Mr. Peeples, responded to this review, October 27, 2014
Thank you for your kind words! Thanks for choosing us and please visit any time!
“Dana's”
Reviewed August 14, 2013

Awesome place! I highly recommend the sea bass, scallops, and lobster. The decor is beautiful. Service is great. And the food is delicious.