“Great Breakfast Stop On I10”
Review of Cracker Barrel

Cracker Barrel
Ranked #2,778 of 8,183 Restaurants in Houston
Cuisines: American
Good for: Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Brunch, Breakfast, Highchairs Available, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Sharpes
“Great Breakfast Stop On I10”
Reviewed November 4, 2012

The restaurant was a great break in driving on I 10. We had a very good breakfast and the service was very good and the food was filling. It is just off the interstate and is located in a quaint setting.

• Visited November 2012
3 Thank Smith7756

texas
“Relaxing environment, comfort food”
Reviewed October 17, 2012

Last week on a Saturday night was at a loss for where to go eat with my kids. Decided to try Cracker Barrel. The entrance area is a store - packed with stuff making it hard to move around - probably a bit too full. The staff was really friendly and attentive and we were seated right away. Had a great waiter that checked on us a couple times while we read the menu. My kids played checkers and the triangle game game after the order went in. Everything came out hot and tasty. The only dissappointment was not having the pumpkin cheesecake that was on the menu as they had run out already that evening - I guess it was popular! We'll probably go back again.

• Visited October 2012
3 Thank TKaty
Houston
“Old fashion breakfast”
Reviewed August 5, 2012

I love to cook but for a good old fashion pancake breakfast, we gather up and head for Cracker Barrel. The wait is usually about 20 minutes but goes by fast as we sit outside in old fashion rocking chairs. The prices are extremely reasonable and the food is just plain good! Warm syrup...yummy! The hashbrown casserole is superb! Don't forget to walk around the country store for some old fashioned shopping. Breakfast is great, lunch is great, dinner is great!
Good Food.

• Visited August 2012
2 Thank Mrs_DDHouston
Houston, Texas
“Bad Service, Mediocre food, small space”
Reviewed May 13, 2012

Not a big fan of this place even though it's the closest restaurant to my house.
You have to weave through the gift shop to even get into the cramped restauarant. I bought my wife a $50 Christmas music box in the gift shop which didn't work and had to be returned.
The place has no soul--Why go to a tacky corporate museum of pretend southern food--there's plenty of local restauarants around Katy that still serve real southern food. The tables are too close together giving a cramped feel. If you have kids you have to keep your eyes on them since you are forced to stand in the aisles of the gift shop where they can get into trouble. The food is unimaginative. I have been twice and the service was a bit slow. Was happy to be gone. I don't think I will return. One positive thing--they have rocking chairs outside the place. Of the thirty five or so restauarents i've been to in Katy in the last ten years this is the worst of those still in business.

• Visited November 2011
2 Thank John B
Calgary, Canada
“Quickest service ever”
Reviewed March 12, 2012

Call me sad but I really like Cracker barrel for good old fashioned country cookin !

Whenever I'm in the states I look for one of these, this time around it was close by my hotel so I stopped by. Service was the quickest ever, I swear I got my entre within 5 mins of ordering and diet coke refills came by magic - really the best waitress ever.

Food wise I has country fried steak with steak fries which was really great - when looking for good basic food I heartily recommend cracker barrel

Rob