“Great Food, okay service”

Patrenella's Ristorante Italiano
Ranked #1,120 of 8,381 Restaurants in Houston
Cuisines: Italian, Seafood
Dining options: Reservations
Neighborhood: Washington Ave./ Memorial Park
Reviewed February 15, 2013

Went for Valentines Day. Food was wonderful! Owner is very polite and the restaurant is very small and local feel. The service was okay, not the best. We had to ask for things multiple times but it was defitely worth going for the food and atmosphere. We had the calamari, mixed seafood plate with liguini and a parmasean chicken plate. Dessert was great too!

Reviewed January 23, 2013

The wait staff was excellent, making us feel quite at home. The food was also very good. We had a variety of dishes including the butternut ravioli (so good) and even a rib eye (also good). We look forward to going back.

Reviewed December 3, 2012

Great service in a unique atmosphere. This is the owner's childhood home turned into a restaurant. Great authentic food! We had the antipasto plate which was a small meal in itself - great amount of food for the price! The butternut squash ravioli is like a dessert - fabulous! We ended with cannoli which were crunchy and creamy in all the right places. I love mom & pop places and this is one of my fav's!

Reviewed August 27, 2012

We enjoyed the homey atmosphere of the restaurant as well as the food. It was priced reasonably for lunch and was delicious. A nice place to stop in the Heights.

1  Thank SallyZDallas_TX
Reviewed June 26, 2012

For my Father's Day present, my daughter took me back to Patrenella's. I had driven in from Dallas to join her and my son-in-law for a Saturday night feast. We started with the fried calamari and a glass of Moscato, a sparkling white wine from the city of Asti, in northwest Italy. I ordered the special of chicken and risotto. My daughter ordered the Shrimp Sorrentina, cooked in a white wine and lemon sauce with angel hair pasta. My son-in-law had the angel hair spaghetti with crab meat. Before dinner, our waiter,Oliver, took me out back to the restaurant's garden.
He showed me fresh herbs and vegetables that are used in the kitchen. The meals arrived soon after my private tour, hot and beautifully prepared. After dinner I visited with owner Sammy Patrenella. His parents are from Corleone, Sicily and my mother's family, immigrated from nearby Caltavuturo. I have traveled to Italy for the last 15 years and have enjoyed their food and wine. I suggest you go see Sammy and his family and save yourself a 14 hour flight to the Mediterranean island of Sicily !