“Fun evening with excellent meal”
Review of Mystery Cafe

Ranked #4,212 of 8,359 Restaurants in Houston
Neighborhood: Great Uptown
Neighborhood: Great Uptown
Reviewed September 20, 2011

We had a good time at this dining/theater event. The meal was an excellent hotel banquet style dinner. It included a spinach based salad, a choice of entree and a cheesecake dessert. I enjoyed the flank steak and my friend also enjoyed the roast chicken.
The show was not top-quality acting, but was a funny and enjoyable murder mystery set at a wedding. The audience participated only slightly but was also asked to figure out who the murderer was.
We both said that we would go again to one of the groups other shows.

4  Thank lola49tx

Reviewed May 3, 2011

I attended the Killer Karaoke show with my wife and a few of our friends, after having purchased tickets on LivingSocial. We were surprised to have to pay $28 extra for parking, taxes, and gratuity. My friend who hadn't bought the LS ticket paid $60 at the door.

Horrible show. We kept waiting for it to get better - for the actors to make a joke of how bad the first part was. The room was packed - but everyone we talked to had purchased the LS tickets. The plot is a Karaoke competition whodunit. The singing was absolutely awful, and jokes were forced and awkward. Don't waste your time or money on this theater company. I feel ripped off.

1  Thank EmmasDad34
Reviewed April 9, 2011

I used a Groupon that stated dinner for two $60 tax included. When I got to the door they demanded $25 more. It was $42.50 per meal and the food was burnt, the tea was empty more than full and the performance was amateur.

3  Thank pk2826