“Best Jamaican food on in Houston!”
Review of Reggae Hut

Reggae Hut
Ranked #1,007 of 8,350 Restaurants in Houston
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Lunch
Neighborhood: The Museum District
Reviewed January 10, 2010

We were jonesing for some good Caribbean food one day and found a review on Trip advisor for Reggae hut so we decided to visit them and boy are we ever glad that we did. At first glance the interior seemed a bit run down but after closer inspection the informal decor and hand painted walls were very similar to the jerk shacks that you would see in Kingston or Montego Bay. We ordered the Jerk Chicken dinner which came with sauteed vegetables and rice and peas. The Chicken was delightfully smoky and spicy and tender to the bone. The mixed vegetables were a lightly seasoned and were a nice complement to counterbalance the heat from the chicken. The rice and peas were the perfect foil for the spicy gravy from the chicken. We also enjoyed Plantains which were fried perfectly and plump beef patties and the best coco bread that I have ever enjoyed. My husband loves the homemade ginger beer and the cold red stripes. I enjoyed a lovely (anf potent) rum punch and a pink Ting. Authentic island sauces are available at the counter for you to add to your meal. All in all we enjoyed a great meal in a neat setting with Island music playing in the background. I would recommend Reggae Hut for an informal change of pace.

1  Thank Deeva1

Reviewed October 12, 2009

Excellent little hole in the wall of a restaurant. I was craving Jamaican cuisine when I was missing Jamaica and I found this little place online. It is in a semi-"shady" part of town, but just park behind the shopping center in the lot. Try the beef/chicken patties and the jerk chicken. The chicken was moist and was full of flavor.

I definitely felt like I was back in Jamaica. Excllent value for the food!

1  Thank LindseyH56
Reviewed June 8, 2009

I Love The Food Delicious

1  Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
Reviewed August 21, 2008

very good patties and jerk. large portions for little cost

1  Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
Reviewed March 12, 2008

Decent caribbean, but there is better jerk chicken out there - for sure.

Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook