“A jewel in Katy...romantic and amazing food!”

Lomonte's Italian Restaurant
Ranked #432 of 8,899 Restaurants in Houston
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Stafford
Description: Closed Saturday lunches and all day Sunday
Reviewed June 30, 2017 via mobile

My Honey and I found ourselves in Katy for an event and decided to stay (see review for hotel) the night.

After the event we opted to get a late dinner and discovered this great romantic restaurant.

Dimly lit, spacious and attractive with wonderful Italian music and our own Italian waiter, Michele, who was so charming and attentive; it made the evening perfect.

We ordered a bottle of Chianti Riserva and enjoyed fine, hard crusted Italian bread while we waited.

I had the Veal Piccata, my honey had the special which was Tenderloin Medallions with Scallops. Our friends enjoyed the crab claws as they had eaten earlier.

The service was impeccable and the food, well, it was divine!

The best part was dessert. Without question, the BEST cannoli I've had since I moved to Houston. And you should know I grew up in New Jersey and my dad made home made cannoli. These were to die for! Amazing! Sweet ricotta cheese and hard crusted shells. Yum!!

Highly recommend this place! Go and enjoy. Ask for Michele...he used to work at La Mora. You may have known it.

Reviewed June 18, 2017

Went to Lomonte's for dinner with a group, probably 8 or 9 of us. The food is in an Italian style, or Italian informed, rather than strictly authentic. But I enjoyed my salad and ravioli carolina and a glass of chianti and others seemed to like what they ate. Service was very good. Prices were reasonable, but be aware that with a group they will automatically add a 20% tip to the bill.

2  Thank michaelrM5717MD
Reviewed June 5, 2017 via mobile

This is one of my favorite Italian restaurant in the area. Today the service and food were a little off. We were often kept waiting for drink refills, and it took quite a while for our entree to be served. I always love the fettuccine alfredo, but it didn't taste quite up to its usual standard. We also ordered the caprese salad, and were disappointed. It felt like it had been drowned in balsamic vinegar. Here's hoping they were just experiencing an off day.

1  Thank judyeclark
Reviewed June 4, 2017 via mobile

We arrived early and enjoyed the Italian music and the dim atmosphere. It got noisy when they sat 12 females that looked to be celebrating (ages 12 & up mostly teens)! The manager came by to apologize for the noise level - which wasn't that bad.
Our server was attentive and did a good job,
The food was excellent. We loved with their homemade pasta. Entrees come with soup or salad, fresh and delicious.
Wonderful restaurant, on the high side$, and a special treat.

Reviewed June 1, 2017 via mobile

Risotto bites were deep fried but not greasy. the scampi wasn't oily. and the grilled salmon was not overdone. in short: deliciousness!! do not over order or you will be taking home food and not enjoying it at the lovely restaurant!
service was prompt and Miguel M. was so professional! we didn't have a reservation but arrived at 6pm on a thursday. good luck with parking! we had no room for dessert :-( maybe next visit