“Perfect”

Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Stafford
Description: Closed Saturday lunches and all day Sunday
Reviewed November 6, 2013

I would recommend this place to anyone who likes Italian food. I went after dark and the weather was perfect enough to sit outside. Our waiter was exceptionally good. I am a woman. He hung my coat on my chair, placed a napkin on my lap, and always served me first during every course. We ordered the fettuccine with chicken to share and some calamari as an appetizer. I'm so glad we shared because even on two plates, the fettuccine was so much! I can't imagine that much food as one person's meal. Both dishes were delicious. Our waiter did not hover, but was always there when we needed him. He was friendly and made the night all the better.

My husband took a picture of some art in the bathroom. Gentlemen, don't forget to check out the men's room!

Reviewed October 1, 2013

This is a St.Louis style Italian restaurant. And, I should know since I was born and raised there. Great food, service and ambiance. The owner, Barbie, is a gracious and caring hostess. And the bar is a very nice English pub with friendly bartenders. Leave room for dessert.

Reviewed August 1, 2013

This is a charming restaurant and our server was very sweet as well as efficient. I have heard about this restaurant for years and was excitedt to try it. The food was ok. The dishes are pretty outdated and a bit sloppy.

Reviewed June 20, 2013

Italian is one of my favorite types of food not simple Italian like pizza or lasagna per se but more involved dishes and i really like the food at Lomonte's it is amoung the better Italian places to eat just don't order the Grappa from the bar unless you want to pay up for a good but small drink. That said I have had many fine meals at Lomonte's it is St Louis style Italian. The Chicken Florentine is probably my favorite but I like many items on the menu here.

One of the real treats of eating there is without a doubt on of the best house salads of any restaurant in town which includes Hearts of Palm in there house salad which I would be hard pressed to name another Houston restaurant that does this. If I had any criticism of Lomonte's it is there very limited desert menu that includes only a couple choices neither of which is as spectacular as the rest of the food they offer.

Reviewed May 17, 2013

i grew up eating my grandmothers homemade italian food and this was as close to my grandmothers cooking as i can remember. the canneloni was outstanding. I wish I had ordered the dinner portion. The sauce was so incredible i tried to mop up all of it. My grandmother would definitely have approved. their famous salad was fresh and flavorful and even the iced tea was good. Second time I have eaten there and will find my way back again soon. service was sharp and attentive. decor was pleasant. not many tables and small bu tnot cramped. location is not easy to find. its on some side street with a few other restaurants tucked in a residential area near a frontage road.