“Nice location and atmosphere”

Lomonte's Italian Restaurant
Ranked #368 of 8,283 Restaurants in Houston
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Stafford
Description: Closed Saturday lunches and all day Sunday
Houston, Texas
“Nice location and atmosphere”
Reviewed August 1, 2013

This is a charming restaurant and our server was very sweet as well as efficient. I have heard about this restaurant for years and was excitedt to try it. The food was ok. The dishes are pretty outdated and a bit sloppy.

• Visited July 2013

Houston, Texas
“Very good Italian in W. Houston”
Reviewed June 20, 2013

Italian is one of my favorite types of food not simple Italian like pizza or lasagna per se but more involved dishes and i really like the food at Lomonte's it is amoung the better Italian places to eat just don't order the Grappa from the bar unless you want to pay up for a good but small drink. That said I have had many fine meals at Lomonte's it is St Louis style Italian. The Chicken Florentine is probably my favorite but I like many items on the menu here.

One of the real treats of eating there is without a doubt on of the best house salads of any restaurant in town which includes Hearts of Palm in there house salad which I would be hard pressed to name another Houston restaurant that does this. If I had any criticism of Lomonte's it is there very limited desert menu that includes only a couple choices neither of which is as spectacular as the rest of the food they offer.

• Visited April 2013
New Jersey
“my grandma would approve”
Reviewed May 17, 2013

i grew up eating my grandmothers homemade italian food and this was as close to my grandmothers cooking as i can remember. the canneloni was outstanding. I wish I had ordered the dinner portion. The sauce was so incredible i tried to mop up all of it. My grandmother would definitely have approved. their famous salad was fresh and flavorful and even the iced tea was good. Second time I have eaten there and will find my way back again soon. service was sharp and attentive. decor was pleasant. not many tables and small bu tnot cramped. location is not easy to find. its on some side street with a few other restaurants tucked in a residential area near a frontage road.

• Visited May 2013
Austin, Texas, USA
“Excellent Italian Food”
Reviewed May 1, 2013

We had a nice dinner at Lamonte's Italian Restaurant at the suggestion of my father-in-law who has been there several times. The restaurant has nice ambiance inside and has nice outside areas when the weather is nice. Try the toasted ravioli as an appetizer. The wine list has some great selections at reasonable prices. Many of the pasta dishes are reasonably priced below twenty dollars. The specialty dishes are mostly in the twenty dollar ranges. 4 of us had dinner and we were all pleased with our meals. The waiter, Mike, from Torino, Italy was awesome. He did a great job. We will be back on our next visit to Houston.

• Visited April 2013
louisiana
“Disappointed!”
Reviewed April 4, 2013

First I'll say the service, atmosphere and restaurant appeal were right on with a nice Italian restaurant. I ordered the "special" of the day, beef medalions with a reduction sauce, angel hair pasta and grilled shrimp for $35.00 I was expecting an awesome meal. The beef was not tasty at all and a bit tough. It was clearly not quality beef as expected. The reduction sauce tasted worse than if it had come out of a bottle and kind of sweet. The shrimp and pasta were fine, but I was looking forward to the beef medalions as I've had them at my favorite restaurants but was greatly disappointed by this.

• Visited March 2013