“Excellent Italian Food”

Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Stafford
Description: Closed Saturday lunches and all day Sunday
Reviewed May 1, 2013

We had a nice dinner at Lamonte's Italian Restaurant at the suggestion of my father-in-law who has been there several times. The restaurant has nice ambiance inside and has nice outside areas when the weather is nice. Try the toasted ravioli as an appetizer. The wine list has some great selections at reasonable prices. Many of the pasta dishes are reasonably priced below twenty dollars. The specialty dishes are mostly in the twenty dollar ranges. 4 of us had dinner and we were all pleased with our meals. The waiter, Mike, from Torino, Italy was awesome. He did a great job. We will be back on our next visit to Houston.

Reviewed April 4, 2013

First I'll say the service, atmosphere and restaurant appeal were right on with a nice Italian restaurant. I ordered the "special" of the day, beef medalions with a reduction sauce, angel hair pasta and grilled shrimp for $35.00 I was expecting an awesome meal. The beef was not tasty at all and a bit tough. It was clearly not quality beef as expected. The reduction sauce tasted worse than if it had come out of a bottle and kind of sweet. The shrimp and pasta were fine, but I was looking forward to the beef medalions as I've had them at my favorite restaurants but was greatly disappointed by this.

Reviewed April 1, 2013

I was very impressed with our Saturday night dinner. The staff is very knowledgeable about the food and wine and I felt like we were in good hands. Having had many meals in Italy, its always nice to go to an Italian restaurant that really 'gets it' - the ingredients are simple, but put together in a perfect way. We can't wait to return and try other items on the menu.

Reviewed February 26, 2013

Lomonte's has a nice family atmosphere, all the waiters are working hard to make everything appear perfect. Food is good although a little too elaborate and with plenty of cheese and sauces everywhere, you better be into those to really enjoy it. Wine choice is wide and high quality.

Reviewed February 16, 2013

My husband and I had dinner there tonight and came home raving about how good the food and service were. This is a cozy, intimate, Italian restaurant worth experiencing. Pasta dishes were excellent, salmon was very fresh and cooked to perfection, Pasta Fagioli, was the best soup we have ever tasted. Service was very attentive and managers visited our table for feedback. We will return and look forward to another great meal.