“Excellent service, food is a little too elaborate”

Lomonte's Italian Restaurant
Ranked #424 of 8,693 Restaurants in Houston
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Stafford
Description: Closed Saturday lunches and all day Sunday
Reviewed February 26, 2013

Lomonte's has a nice family atmosphere, all the waiters are working hard to make everything appear perfect. Food is good although a little too elaborate and with plenty of cheese and sauces everywhere, you better be into those to really enjoy it. Wine choice is wide and high quality.

Reviewed February 16, 2013

My husband and I had dinner there tonight and came home raving about how good the food and service were. This is a cozy, intimate, Italian restaurant worth experiencing. Pasta dishes were excellent, salmon was very fresh and cooked to perfection, Pasta Fagioli, was the best soup we have ever tasted. Service was very attentive and managers visited our table for feedback. We will return and look forward to another great meal.

Reviewed January 20, 2013

I have eaten at this restaurant 3 times and would have eaten there 3 more times but couldn't get a table. I guess that is a sign of its popularity. If you go on a weekend, make reservations. Sometimes they will have room in the bar. Food is very good. Parking is difficult as the restaurant has a small parking lot and neighboring restaurants use of the available street parking.

1  Thank Mike60984
Reviewed January 17, 2013

I recently had a lunch meeting here. I had a lasagne, which seemed to be a popular choice at our table. The veal was also another popular choice. We were all pleased with our choices and agreed that the food was fantastic. The service was efficient and business-like, which we appreciated. We also loved the ambiance and the fact that the noise level in the restaurant allows for conversation. Overall, this is a great restaurant.

Reviewed September 13, 2012

My wife and I tried this place without any great expectations - driven by many times but never stopped in.
I'm glad we finally tried it. Really nice inside great atmosphere - outside pretty bland strip center look but definately give them a try you'll be very pleased.
Great food and better service - we loved it. Can't wait to go back.