“Nice place”
Review of Le Mistral

Le Mistral
Reserve with OpenTable
Le Mistral is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #308 of 8,448 Restaurants in Houston
Cuisines: French
Good for: Special occasions
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Enclave/Briarfore St.
Description: Since 2001, Le Mistral has built a niche in West Houston's Energy Corridor as the best food in town. We are a fine French restaurant offering exquisite dishes, a note-worthy wine list and top notch service.
Reviewed June 5, 2014

Nice place for business lunch and good service. Food is good but menu is limited. Okay for happy hour but nothing special. Worth a visit but not not my top choice for the area.

LeMistralHouston, General Manager at Le Mistral, responded to this reviewResponded June 9, 2014

Thank you kindly for your thoughtful review.

We're updating our menu soon for summertime, where we will have more selections to offer our guests. Hopefully, there may be plenty of items that tickle your curiosity and put us closer to the top of your dining preferences!

We're always encouraged to be better than we are, so again, a gracious thank you for your time and thoughtful review.

Reviewed June 3, 2014

Came here with my family for our 13th anniversary meal.

Good selection of traditional French dishes, often with a bit of an American spin on them. I had a cassoulet which was pretty authentic tasting and my wife had the 22 oz beef cut which she was not so happy with since only about a third of this was meat (the rest was mostly fat, but we were assured that this is how it was meant to be).

Our starters were good (mussels for me and salad for my wife) and the wine list pretty extensive. I had a desert (creme brulle), which was not the best I've had but pretty decent and made bespoke for us with "Happy Anniversary" written on the plate with chocolate!

We're a gluten free family so didn't eat the bread, but it smelt and looked pretty good and appeared to be made on site. Although the restaurant is not listed gluten free and does not have a gluten free menu, the chef worked with us to modify the meals to suit us which was great.

The service is pretty good, just a shame they don't employ moody french waiters to make the whole experience a bit more authentic!

The ambiance is ok, but a little bland and formal for my liking and got the impression that children are more tolerated than encouraged. I prefer my bistros a little rougher around the edges. The location is convenient, but a bit nondescript... typical suburban business lot. I guess this place caters more for the business crowd being located in the Energy Corridor?

I'd eat here again, but my wife was put off by her beef dish. She did give her feedback about the dish, but never heard anything back which I was a bit surprised about.

Reviewed May 13, 2014

We had a fantastic meal here I had scallops then chicken then crime brûlée all amazing it's a high end restaurant so be prepared to spend your $ but worth it will be back

LeMistralHouston, Public Relations Manager at Le Mistral, responded to this reviewResponded May 15, 2014

Thank you for the kind words! We love being people's special occasion go-to spot (or any time, really).
If you have any requests, please don't hesitate to let us know at the time of reservation.
We'll be lightening up the menu with summer seasonal flavors and ingredients, so come back soon!

Again, thank you for taking the time to write a review. We look forward to having you back!

Reviewed April 30, 2014

While I was in Houston on business, I plotted out my dining quests. Le Mistral most certainly did not disappoint. It was just myself that dined that evening, and I didn't once feel neglected. I was greeted with a lovely zucchini and pepper amuse bouche to start the meal. Being from Nebraska, I had to order the filet. It was very tender and seasoned perfectly. The accompanying bone marrow was much better than the time I tried to cook it myself. While it's definitely an acquired taste, it was well seasoned. For dessert, I had the chocolate souffle. Heavenly! My only point of contention is that the manager/co-owner was visiting with a couple of different tables talking about the meal and wine. As a food and wine enthusiast, I would've appreciated a quick hello or even just asking me if I liked the wine I had ordered. However, this wouldn't keep me from re-visiting should I ever be in Houston again.

Thank you for you compliments and considerations. We absolutely appreciate the details of your experience. I will apologize on behalf of the chef and owners, as they do at times, visit random tables and guests instead of all of them. Should you ever venture back to these parts, we welcome you graciously. Please don't hesitate to ask your server to speak with one of the owners, as they will gladly love to chat or heed any suggestions you may have.

Again, then you for the kind words.

We look forward to seeing you again soon!

Reviewed April 12, 2014

I am new to Houston but fell upon this place with a good friend who lives nearby. I don't think Mistral has outside seating but they own the Boulangerie next door which does have seating so we were allowed to sit and eat in the nice spring weather outside (or maybe it was Mistrals?).

I am semi-sort of-French and found this place to be a slice of "home" (although it was a luxury slice rather then rural France) with excellent food, superb service and good wine. It isn't the best food I have had nor the most advanced but it deserves a five star rating for the combination of service, food, weather, mood etc. Just to clarify, the food was fantastic, it just wasn't 3 star Michelin, but then it isn't priced as if it was!

I will definitely go back.

LeMistralHouston, Manager at Le Mistral, responded to this reviewResponded April 14, 2014

Thank you so much for the compliments and kind words. We sincerely appreciate your well thought-out observations. The outdoor seating is both for Le Mistral and Foody's Gourmet, the boulangerie. With the gorgeous weather we experienced last week and (with fingers crossed) more good weather to come, the food and service is expected to be as fantastic as the atmosphere. We're glad to have been a nice part of your travel back to France, even in memory. Hopefully we'll see you again soon!

Best regards,