“A hiden gem”
Review of Lynn's Steakhouse

Lynn's Steakhouse
Reserve with OpenTable
Lynn's Steakhouse is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #810 of 8,206 Restaurants in Houston
Good for: Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Fern
Katy, Texas
“A hiden gem”
Reviewed February 28, 2013

Awesome! We've been looking for a great steak\seafood place closer to Katy and this is it. We relax and sat the bar for an hour even though our table was ready. The service was great and the steak and tuna filets' were awesome. The wine list is out of this world and the dessert's were great. Definitely coming back when we don't want to travel far from the house.

• Visited February 2013

• Korean first
Cypress, Texas
“The steak was not the highlight of our meal”
Reviewed January 17, 2013

I went last night with my husband to have dinner with some of his business associates. As another reviewer noted, this is a place for oil men with expense accounts. I mentioned as much to my husband who laughed (because that exactly described our party last night). To add to that impression, we saw another group dining there from his company.

The restaurant was on the smallish side which to me is a bonus. The decor was nice. The ceiling is draped with large brown vine looking things with lights. This adds a warm element to the place. The bar is small but appeared to be well stocked (except that they ran out of Jameson's).

The service was good but felt a bit slow. It seemed as though the two bartenders were the only staff waiting tables (this could be incorrect, I was very engaged with my group and didn't pay too much attention to what was happening at the other tables).

The appetizer (crab cakes topped with shrimp) and the salad (toasted goat cheese) were delicious, but the steak was only good. It wasn't bad, but it wasn't exceptional. This would be fine except for that Lynn's is a steakhouse. Perry's, Taste of Texas, and Pappas Bros. all serve superior steaks. Additionally, the steaks are all quite large. If you have a really big eater with you then this is a good deal, otherwise, plan on taking home leftovers.

In summary, it was very nice and I'd go back, but it wouldn't be my first choice for a steak.

• Visited January 2013
Washington DC
“Simply not high end”
Reviewed December 11, 2012

It is badly overpriced for the quality of the food and service. New York Strip tasted gamey, like a steak you should have grilled 3 days days ago. When I pay $50 for a steak I absolutely expect something better than what I can cook at home. Yet my homemade steak crushes his place. Our waitress also totally phoned it in. Was more interested in discussing her 12 year tenure and wine knowledge than asking how she could serve us. She didn't even bother to ask us how our steaks were. Sides were good but who cares. My colleague was also double billed.

Visited November 2012
Carlsbad, California
“Excellent food.”
Reviewed November 6, 2012

Went there because it was a steak house and close to my hotel. Turned out to be a great meal. First, the bads: my wedge salad had way too much bleu cheese on it (an associate of mine felt the same), it took slightly longer than I would have liked to get our food and the wine list - while comprehensive - lacked affordable options. The steaks, however, were absolutely perfect. Overall, we were very satisfied - I will definitely go back.

• Visited November 2012
“Great food”
Reviewed May 23, 2012

i have been here a couple of times for client dinners and it has never disappointed. the wine selection is good and the food always tastes excellent. it is always a good place to take clients for steak.

• Visited May 2012