“Best in class”

Ranked #2,759 of 8,312 Restaurants in Houston
Neighborhood: Medical Center
Neighborhood: Medical Center
Reviewed April 26, 2013

I think this place is the best in class for the "fast food" mexican (tex-mex) genre. Affordable and definitely something you must try. Get the shredded beef, cos after that chipotle is out of the qn.

There are newer reviews for Poblano's

Reviewed March 20, 2013

This restaurant is located in the tunnels beneath downtown Houston at 1000 Main. This family owned establishment can be relied upon for excellent enchiladas, chicken soup and breakfast tacos. The waitstaff are friendly and sweet; portions are large; prices very reasonable for downtown Houston. I recommend them highly; just wish they were open for dinner or had more locations closer to home.

Reviewed November 11, 2012

A large group of us went here for a late dinner, because it was close to our hotel. The prices were reasonable. I had the Al Pastor quesadilla. A few people ordered this "al la carte" I recommend not doing that and instead opting to order it with guacamole and sour cream. I felt like the drink menu was lacking. Overall the experience was alright but there are better options in the area.

Reviewed November 8, 2012

I admit, the last time I visited Poblano's in Houston's tunnel downtown, I was sadly disappointed with the red enchilada plate and price I paid. I regretted not ordering what I usually order which is the "Caldo de Res". I order the small and pay aroun $7 with tip and eat ever last bite. They always get me in and out within an hour and it's always packed, but I never have to wait too long for a table. You can also call your order in and pick up! I recommend it. I would've given it a high 5, but that last visit cost them a point.

Reviewed December 19, 2011

Very attentive staff.
Made to Order burritos are great (being a picky vegetarian).
Good value.