“Good food ain't cheap and cheap food ain't good!”
Review of Picos Restaurant

Picos Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Picos Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #165 of 8,348 Restaurants in Houston
Cuisines: Mexican, Seafood
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed March 13, 2013 via mobile

We made our way to Pico's last week, the food, the service, the atmosphere was truly Mex Mex. From the
Mariscada A La Mexicana-
shrimp, calamari, crawfish tails & red snapper infused with sautéed with onions, peppers, cilantro & tomatoes to the
Huasteca an
8 oz. charcoal-broiled sirloin strip served with guacamole salad, melted chihuahua cheese and a bowl of my favorite, Pico's own charro beans. All topped of with the best and I mean the best (addictive) frozen top shelf margarita this side of Heaven. And don't forget the deserts, the 6 layered chocolate cake that will bring a tear to a glass eye, boarders on orgasmic or the many other handmaid delectables that scratches the sweetness itch after an explosion of authentic Mex-Mex south of the boarder flavors. The Richards family, (and I mean whole family) make sure your dining experience to the restaurant is memorable. iIt is a must visit for locals and a landmark for travelers to dine at. Get there early and stay late!

1  Thank Squantete

Reviewed March 12, 2013

Went with friends to Picos over the weekend - just happened tp be their 29th anniversary in business. And what a great celebration it was! I had an excellent steak & my wife had an amazing blackened Mai Mai dish with shrimp mango ceviche. Didn't have the chance, but I've heard they serve the freshest & best soft shell crab in Texas!
We'll definitely be going there again & soon!
JJH12

Reviewed March 11, 2013

We had a table of six. Started with superb frozen top shelf margaritas. Yummy. Then ordered Queso and guacamole so fresh I thought I had picked it myself. Then we ordered chicken and beef fajitas and we centered the table with fresh grilled snapper. Wow, I recommend that especially with their fresh hand made corn tortillas. But one of the most amazing things was the service. I didn't have to wait for attention. Since it was a special occassion I had made a reservation and they even had a white tablecloth on my table.Oh, the chocolate cake, well don't forget about that. I melted when I tasted it. We felt special, but especially at home. Also I heard their breakfast is fabulous. I am going back soon.

1  Thank RSSTF
Reviewed March 10, 2013

Hello....Texas boasts the greatest Southwestern & Mexican cuisine....so what's with this place still in business? The "best" margarita was green slush.......for $7 yet. The beans were hard, the rice was dry and the salsa made you want to RUN out the door and find real salsa.

Okay....if this was moderately priced, but it is NOT folks. We were there on a weekend, due to ratings found on this Trip Advisor we took the chance and found it......I want to know how and who these ratings get on a place like this? Come on Trip Advisor, I have counted on you for many years to get it right.

Reviewed February 10, 2013

Eat here for special occasions. It is a bit of a hike from where we live so it makes for a special treat. Great margs, friendly wait staff, authentic "mex-mex" food - so don't expect the ordinary - go on let your taste buds experiment a little. Never been dissapointed, though some of our friends were underwhelmed becuase they expected the usual tex-mex fare. Will be back as often as we can.