“Great celebration!”

Arnaldo Richard's Picos
Reserve with OpenTable
Arnaldo Richard's Picos is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #230 of 8,696 Restaurants in Houston
Cuisines: Mexican, Seafood
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed March 12, 2013

Went with friends to Picos over the weekend - just happened tp be their 29th anniversary in business. And what a great celebration it was! I had an excellent steak & my wife had an amazing blackened Mai Mai dish with shrimp mango ceviche. Didn't have the chance, but I've heard they serve the freshest & best soft shell crab in Texas!
We'll definitely be going there again & soon!
JJH12

Reviewed March 11, 2013

We had a table of six. Started with superb frozen top shelf margaritas. Yummy. Then ordered Queso and guacamole so fresh I thought I had picked it myself. Then we ordered chicken and beef fajitas and we centered the table with fresh grilled snapper. Wow, I recommend that especially with their fresh hand made corn tortillas. But one of the most amazing things was the service. I didn't have to wait for attention. Since it was a special occassion I had made a reservation and they even had a white tablecloth on my table.Oh, the chocolate cake, well don't forget about that. I melted when I tasted it. We felt special, but especially at home. Also I heard their breakfast is fabulous. I am going back soon.

1  Thank RSSTF
Reviewed March 10, 2013

Hello....Texas boasts the greatest Southwestern & Mexican cuisine....so what's with this place still in business? The "best" margarita was green slush.......for $7 yet. The beans were hard, the rice was dry and the salsa made you want to RUN out the door and find real salsa.

Okay....if this was moderately priced, but it is NOT folks. We were there on a weekend, due to ratings found on this Trip Advisor we took the chance and found it......I want to know how and who these ratings get on a place like this? Come on Trip Advisor, I have counted on you for many years to get it right.

Reviewed February 10, 2013

Eat here for special occasions. It is a bit of a hike from where we live so it makes for a special treat. Great margs, friendly wait staff, authentic "mex-mex" food - so don't expect the ordinary - go on let your taste buds experiment a little. Never been dissapointed, though some of our friends were underwhelmed becuase they expected the usual tex-mex fare. Will be back as often as we can.

Reviewed January 25, 2013

I liked the decor and atmosphere and the harpist and guitarist. Made me want to get up and dance. My margarita was excellent. I was knocked out by the menu. Some many choices and from different parts of Mexico. It took quite some time to review it and make a choice. The chips and salsa arrived, and it was not at all spicy, but they obligingly quickly showed up with something that had a bite to it. And then I saw it. Cuitlacoche. Outside of Mexico. How is that possible, unless it is canned? The waitress assured me it was frozen and brought up. Definitely not from the can, she said. Maybe it should have been out of the can. It was sour, as if it had gone too long before being cooked. That was disappointing. My date's dinner looked fabulous (mole) and he had no trouble cleaning his plate. There is an impressive list of tequilas at the back of the menu.

1  Thank A A