“This is the best, then there's the rest”

Arnaldo Richard's Picos
Reserve with OpenTable
Arnaldo Richard's Picos is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #227 of 8,666 Restaurants in Houston
Cuisines: Mexican, Seafood
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed February 10, 2013

Eat here for special occasions. It is a bit of a hike from where we live so it makes for a special treat. Great margs, friendly wait staff, authentic "mex-mex" food - so don't expect the ordinary - go on let your taste buds experiment a little. Never been dissapointed, though some of our friends were underwhelmed becuase they expected the usual tex-mex fare. Will be back as often as we can.

Reviewed January 25, 2013

I liked the decor and atmosphere and the harpist and guitarist. Made me want to get up and dance. My margarita was excellent. I was knocked out by the menu. Some many choices and from different parts of Mexico. It took quite some time to review it and make a choice. The chips and salsa arrived, and it was not at all spicy, but they obligingly quickly showed up with something that had a bite to it. And then I saw it. Cuitlacoche. Outside of Mexico. How is that possible, unless it is canned? The waitress assured me it was frozen and brought up. Definitely not from the can, she said. Maybe it should have been out of the can. It was sour, as if it had gone too long before being cooked. That was disappointing. My date's dinner looked fabulous (mole) and he had no trouble cleaning his plate. There is an impressive list of tequilas at the back of the menu.

1  Thank A A
Reviewed January 23, 2013

Have you ever wanted a perfect " Perfect" Margarita? you will find it at Pico's. Want the best Top Shelf frozen Margarita in North America? you will find it at Pico's. Arnaldo Richards is the top chef in Houston for true traditional mexican cuisine, and his "Chef Specials" are creative and delicious. This place is the real deal in Texas!!

Reviewed December 25, 2012

I went here several times as a kid but take my family about once a month as an adult. This is, in my opinion, the bext Mexican food in Houston and worth driving to the out-of-the-way location. My favorite thing to order is the Chicken Enchiladas with Mole sauce. If you like Mole, theirs is amazing. Other favorites include the Tortilla Soup, the Snapper, and the Tampiquena. We have yet to have a bad meal, though, and the margaritas are out of this world--made with fresh lime juice.

Reviewed December 20, 2012

It seems a bit noisy, and not quiiiiiite clean, maybe it's the 'fashionably worn' look it has. .but .. it just didn't feel good to us.
The food was good, and the margarita I tried was good, but we couldn't overcome the general ambiance ..I can't put a finger to it. It's just dreary to me. Family-oriented, lots of Hispanics there, so the food is probably authentic.