“I like the food.”

Cuisines: French
Neighborhood: Great Uptown
Neighborhood: Great Uptown
Reviewed May 20, 2014

But they really need to get a wider selection of alcohol. I think right now they just serve wine. If I am not mistaken before they had no alcoholic beverages. Some beer would be nice for those hot humid Houston days.

Besides that I like the decor, good service and great food.

Reviewed March 12, 2014

I thoroughly enjoy "La Madeleine" for the most part, however, location does have an impact on the service and the attitude BUT not on the consistency of the food. The Woodway location is the one I frequent the most, although I have eaten at least 6 other locations in and around Houston, never being disappointed by anything other than perhaps the service people; I have found them unwilling to think outside the box and not very happy to be at work. EVERYTHING I have ever ordered has been fresh and delicious. I am a HUGE fan of their cream or mushroom soup and was absolutely thrilled to the core when they made it a regular offer on their soup selection list. Frequently, I buy the chicken salad by the pound, along with a loaf of their fabulous seven-grain bread for a week of lunches! The desserts, Sacher Torte, the coconut cream cake, the strawberry Napoleon just to name a few, are out of this world delicious! In my opinion because the hours of operation are so extended (open for breakfast, lunch and dinner) the restaurants are not perhaps as sparkling clean as one would like; however, I have never felt it in any way this compromised the food. I say bring one and bring all to enjoy this wonderful French-style fare!

Reviewed July 13, 2013

The food is predictable but the place is filthy. It needs a good scrubbing and after that is done, it needs a facelft. Corporate HQ needs to stop milking it for all it can and spend some money on the place, starting with better housekeeping.

Reviewed March 31, 2013

Bakery - awesome and yummy! great variety at affordable prices!
Deli - very yummy and nutritious! Lot of varieties for both vegetarians and non-vegetarians at very affordable prices. There is free multigrain bread and white bread with butter available always!

Dining - Indoor and outdoor seating with self service :)

Cleanliness - super clean!

Reviewed February 25, 2012

The food at La Madeleine is always good. The breakfasts are my favorites. They have great rotisserie chicken and some of the best Caesar Salad ever.