“Delicious Dinner”

Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed April 6, 2014

We reserved a table for ten which was ready when we all arrived. Camilo was our waiter. I ordered the Enchiladas Mariscos with shrimp and crab meat. It was delicious. We all agreed that the meal and service were excellent. A wonderful time was had by all.

Thank you!

Leonor Muller.

Reviewed April 6, 2014

The place was ordinary at best. Looks nice but the wait staff were a little surly and the food quite honestly just wasn't the best. We have had better ceviche, better beef fajita meat and the seafood enchilada looked like it had been sitting in a warner for a bit. Lupes is better and I would chose Fajita Flats and even Chuys over this place for better quality better atmosphere and better food.

Reviewed January 12, 2014

My daughter and I met my nephew and his son at this Escalante location and we were pleased with the attentive service and the excellent food. I had the two spinach enchiladas plate, and it was excellent. Our waitstaff was outstanding, keeping our water glasses filled and the chip bowl full. The prices were in the $$$ range, but the experience was well worth it. It was also fun having a mini-reunion with family members we've not visited with in a long time..

Reviewed January 7, 2014

I have gone to Escalante's multiple times over the years and have tried a multitude of different dishes they have to offer. It has been a few years since I had been last but always remember the queso blanco being like crack to me when I was younger. The fiance has heard how just awesome the queso is there and it's a must try. Well when I tasted it, it wasn't a nearly as good as I remember it being. I felt like it was missing something to take it to the next level. Then we both ordered the crab and shrimp enchiladas which were good but wouldn't make out top 5 seafood enchiladas in Houston. The spanish rice tasted like white rice, no flavor or spice. Our most enjoyable part of the meal were the No. 4 margaritas which are really good. Just be careful only to have one or two because they are $11 each! My only problem is the food is completely overrated for the price you pay.

Reviewed October 21, 2013

Food as amazing! Osbelio was the best waiter! Atmosphere was the best :) Steak was great as well as the drinks. Can't pass this place up!