“Well Worth the Money”

Brenner's Steakhouse
Reserve with OpenTable
Brenner's Steakhouse is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #133 of 8,348 Restaurants in Houston
Good for: Business meetings, Romantic, Scenic view
Dining options: Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Wilcrest
Description: Brenner's Steakhouse is known for exceptional steaks, a warm atmosphere & personalized service. We have collaborated with Mrs. Brenner to re-create such favorite dishes as German Potatoes & the incomparable Apple Strudel, while adding a 22oz USDA Prime Bone-In Ribeye, Jumbo Lump Crab Cakes & other wonderful new items to the menu. To accompany your meal, Brenner's offers a diverse wine selection, winning the Wine Spectator Award of Excellence yearly since 2004. Brenner's also features outside dining in an exquisite garden area, surrounded by waterfalls & a gazebo. Always the recipient of numerous culinary honors, Brenner's was named Best Vintage Steak House by the Houston Press & Best Steak Restaurant by the Houston Business Journal.
Reviewed October 23, 2012

It was my first trip to Houston and this restaurant was recomended to us by a friend. Though we ate in the main room, we had a view of the courtyard and it was beautiful. It was well worth the money! Our servers were great, the food was excellent and be sure to try Mrs. Brenner's Apple Strudel! It was the best dining experience I've had a long time and I can't wait to go back on our next trip to Houston.

Reviewed October 22, 2012

A very good restaurant. Good variety of food with good off- menu items. Gets a little noisy in the middle if the evening but worth it. Definitely a must try.

Reviewed August 23, 2012

We went here for a work Christmas Party and it was to die for. We had several appetizers, desserts and entrees around the table, so we got to try a bit of everything (except for the entrees - that steak was all mine). Everything we tasted was a delight. They even have a free valet car service (they work off tips, I believe).

Reviewed August 13, 2012

I'd been wanting to try this restaurant for a while. I was worried that we were going to be the only people in here under 60 because it has a bit of a reputation of catering to the older, richer class in Houston. But I was happy to find out that there was a good mix of customer base - from the old rich to the young and hip. There was a mix of people dressed up to a few people I saw wearing shorts. The website says "smart casual" so I dressed in business casual. It looked like about 80% of the people followed the dress code. I was also worried that because it was owned by Landry's, it would feel like a typical Landry's chain restaurant, but I'm happy to report this is much better than a typical Landry's chain restaurant. We had reservations and got there early to enjoy a drink in the bar. The bartender tells us they have the worlds largest small screen t.v. Ha, it was showing baseball on a little 19" lcd above the bar. Not here to watch t.v. though. We ate in the main dining room and had a very nice table for 2 and it didn't seem like we were crowded next to people. We ordered salads, the 6 oz. filet with au gratin potatoes, the mushrooms, and the three sauces. The food was absolutely delicious. The sauces were fantastic with the steak. We also ordered the chocolate mousse cake for dessert, but couldn't finish it all. The service was great. The manager came over on several occasions to ask us how we were doing and I saw her walking around the restaurant checking up on things. The total meal including tip and drinks was about $200, but I thought it was well worth it for a great date night. Can't wait to go back.

Reviewed August 1, 2012

Lots of local talk about the famous Brenner's steakhouse. Perhaps that is folklore. For sure the prices are very expensive, unfortunately the price does not reflect the quality. Scallops for appetizers were large, but had grit in them. The steak was over cooked, tough, and not enjoyable. The sause was salty. Completely dissappointed. Didn't have the wine we chose. Avoid this joint.