“Indian Fusion --- excellent food that is unusual, creative, honest and wonderful”
Review of Indika

Indika
Ranked #300 of 8,287 Restaurants in Houston
Cuisines: Indian
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Hong Kong, China
Reviewed October 28, 2010

Indika's chef isn't a "trained chef" but an enthusiastic and creative person who volunteered in the kitchen of one of the city's upscale restaurants to learn the business.

The food isn't like any of Houston's many different types of Indian fares (and that covers a wide range). It is trendy, hip. I could only post a few photos below so I include the crabmeat samozas with papaya and chutney salad (an appetizer) that is light and flavorful with a delighful variety of textures and tastes. I include a beautiful fish dish (and they always have several) and a salad. Don't miss the amazing Pistachio Apricot Naan.

not cheap. But one of my favorites.... desserts are fabulous. Honest, creative and fun

2 Thank fracmeister

The Woodlands, Texas
“Great Date Night Dinner”
Reviewed October 25, 2010

I found this one by going online to various restaurant guides in Houston. I was eager for Indian food and loved Indika's website. The restaurant was unique and delicious. We thoroughly enjoyed every course of unusual local cuisine combined with wonderful Indian spices and ingredients. VERY CREATIVE! The setting is wonderful and the service was very attentive. This is not your normal Indian food, but a new fusion with a local flare all very carefully selected and presented. It's pricey and with small portions, but they do serve a dish when you sit down as well as cardamon cookies when you leave. A nice touch!

1 Thank bonbon2100
Texas
“OK, but not what I was looking for in Indian food!”
Reviewed May 30, 2010

OK, I was in a large party that went there for lunch because we had heard how wonderful the food was. Well, when we finally got our table and menus, I was more than a little disappointed. I was looking for traditional Indian food, and there was none on the menu. I forget what I ordered, but I remember it was good, but very expensive for the amount of food that was served. I have never gone back and won't.

2 Thank ocimum98
A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“Their Indian fusion cuisine is a class apart. Love the ambiance too. Pricey... Sunday brunch buffet is possibly the...”
Reviewed February 23, 2010

Their Indian fusion cuisine is a class apart. Love the ambiance too. Pricey... Sunday brunch buffet is possibly the best deal.

Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
FL Keys
“The best Indianish restaurant to which I've been.”
Reviewed December 4, 2009

You can't eat presentation and excellent service, but it makes a difference. The food was beautiful and service attentive when we visited last week. Oh, the food was excellent, and the experience was worth the price. Read other reviews for menu tips - we had a half a dozen items and loved each one.