“Nice Indian fusion, very interesting menu”
Review of Indika

Indika
Ranked #282 of 8,206 Restaurants in Houston
Cuisines: Indian
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Reservations
Houston, Texas
“Nice Indian fusion, very interesting menu”
Reviewed September 24, 2011

We have been going to Indika for many years and always enjoy the variety of menu items.

Service can be sketchy, because it seems like there is new staff every time we go.

• Visited September 2011
1 Thank mikel12323

Charleston
“Not your usual indian restaurant...even better!!”
Reviewed September 1, 2011

Surprising array of gourmet indian food. Tasty, unusual but very complementary use of spices in the food and drinks alike. Nice, modern atmosphere and very professional service. I'd go back there anytime...there are many more options on the menu I'd like to try!!

• Visited August 2011
Houston, Texas
“Disappointing- Bad service- long wait”
Reviewed August 22, 2011

We have been eating here for nearly 10 years and have been big fans of this restaurant. Today we were there for lunch and I can say I have never had this kind of bad service at any other restaurant. This is supposedly a buffet, which makes one think that there should be no wait for food. We ordered our food as soon as we sat since we know what we want. After about half an hour a chat plate was served. As we were waiting we noticed one other customer leave in a huff without getting his food. We were of course not planning on giving up since this is (I should say was) one of our favorite restaurants. However when we did not get our food even after waiting for an hour we decided it was time to complain. When I approached the main desk and told them about the situation they told me rudely I can leave without paying (for food that wasnt served) !!! If it was question of money we wouldnt have chosen this restaurant in the first place.
I am just stunned at this kind of service at a restaurant that charges $25 dollars per person. Makes it hard to see a good restaurant go down the drain like this. I really hope that Anita is able to get this place together. Makes me wonder if opening Pondicheri has just meant this restaurant is going to suffer.

• Visited August 2011
5 Thank asha l
“Favorite place in Houston - can't miss!”
Reviewed July 28, 2011

Fantastic take on Indian food, totally original and delicious. Anita is a magician! We've never been disappointed, we go almost monthly. Highly recommended. Ask for Rusty the waiter.

• Visited July 2011
Hong Kong, China
“Indian Fusion --- excellent food that is unusual, creative, honest and wonderful”
Reviewed October 28, 2010

Indika's chef isn't a "trained chef" but an enthusiastic and creative person who volunteered in the kitchen of one of the city's upscale restaurants to learn the business.

The food isn't like any of Houston's many different types of Indian fares (and that covers a wide range). It is trendy, hip. I could only post a few photos below so I include the crabmeat samozas with papaya and chutney salad (an appetizer) that is light and flavorful with a delighful variety of textures and tastes. I include a beautiful fish dish (and they always have several) and a salad. Don't miss the amazing Pistachio Apricot Naan.

not cheap. But one of my favorites.... desserts are fabulous. Honest, creative and fun

2 Thank fracmeister