“Very good food here”

Cuisines: Middle Eastern, Persian
Dining options: Lunch
Dining options: Lunch
Reviewed June 22, 2014

Food here is very good and reasonably priced. Service is kind of slow because they are always busy, or at least the times we have visited and that is pretty often. It's true, they do serve free hot tea. Place is pretty clean however, the decor is a bit dated. Kid friendly and a good place for the entire family.

Reviewed June 7, 2014 via mobile

Ate #6 in the menu, shish kebab and liked it. Well done! Environment is OK and service is positive side of average. Only problem, didn't like their hummus (Iranian style, perhaps that's why).

Reviewed March 16, 2014

We came here at about 3 or 4 in the afternoon on a weekday and it was almost full. No idea why. But the food was VERY good, especially the bread. They're not much for presentation (ours came out on paper plates) but we weren't there for an experience, we were there for a good, solid afternoon meal. And we got that in spades.

This restaurant got an extra star (circle?) from me for introducing me to cardamom tea, which I've since come to love. I think the tea is free too (I didn't pay, another member of our group did), and it goes very well with the food. Not much here for vegetarians, and not much selection period. And not much atmosphere (it's a hole-in-the-wall type place in a strip mall, very clean though). But I would honestly look past all of that on account of how satisfying our meal was.

Reviewed January 7, 2014

I lived in Houston for 3 years, this restaurant was my family's favorite ever.we ate their almost very weekend.
The juiciest,perfectly seasoned,and tender kebabs and chicken ever. The restaurant treats the costumers with big pot of cardamom tea,which is the best complement to a wonderful and fast serviced meal. Their freshly baked hot flat bread in a tandoori oven is to die for.
Can't wait to return to Houston to have another kebab plate their again,my kids love it and Darband is always their reference point when it comes to kebab and grilled chicken.

Reviewed June 1, 2013

Nice price, great taste, and fresh kabob, the portions are huge! They give you free tea! They have a nice fountain in the middle of the restaurant. Hummus is also delicious. Nice place if you are looking for beef kabobs.